Why do people deny evolution?

Syamsu

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 08:42 am
@farmerman,
No, I was talking about the behaviour of an already developed organism as it is, not about creation of the organism.

If you develop your knowledge about choosing in one area, then you will also apply these concepts in another area, and see if choosing also applies to forming DNA as it is. DNA with it's alternate nature of bases...which are excellently suited for being chosen.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 08:49 am
@Syamsu,
Quote:
They only care to establish that freedom is real and relevant,
In the US, all they want is to have Creationism and /or ID taught in public high schools AS SCIENCE.

Syamsu

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 08:55 am
@farmerman,
Yes, and so it is science, it is just a bit sketchy science, without the mathematics of choosing properly worked out. But even in this rudimentary form creationism is reasonably still the most important of all science disciplines.
spendius

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 09:10 am
@farmerman,
You have denied that theology is science, fm, ever since I encountered you on A2K. I suppose you cannot now admit that it is.

But it is. It simply studies areas of much greater difficulty than rock formations.

Spengler rated theology with physics and mathematics as the only real sciences left. The rest are compromised by the exigencies of the marketplace as you so often point out in relation to geology.

And theology is compromised by a married priesthood.
farmerman

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 09:59 am
@Syamsu,
Quote:

Yes, and so it is science, it is just a bit sketchy science
the courts would disagree with your opinion. Creationism Is entirely based upon a religious worldview with no room for evidence that counters its position
farmerman

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 10:02 am
@spendius,
Quote:
But it is
says you? that's hardly authority. What do you rely upon, the Christian SCientific Method?
As I said to the otherkid, what happens when your worldview conflit with the data?
parados

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 10:27 am
@Syamsu,
Syamsu wrote:

Left, right, left, right, go on and record those facts sciencefan.

And the science and math will show it is the same as if it was random.Hardly evidence of an intelligent choice.
0 Replies

spendius

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 11:00 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
As I said to the otherkid, what happens when your worldview conflit with the data?

It came into being because of the data you silly moocow. It was intended to conflict with the data. It was necessary for the data to be conflicted with in order that you carry out your non-biological activities.

Jeeze!! Now I'm talking your language. According to science all activity is biological. Man, and his animate relatives on Darwin's tree, are biological mechanisms. Machines. Read Prof. Aidey on what goes on when you dip your brush into your green paint to faithfully render a tree on your canvas.

Look fm--I'm being as discreet as I can possibly be. I rely on the intelligence of A2Kers to fill in the sordid details. If a nod is not as good as a wink to a blind horse what am I supposed to do?

The miracles of the Bible, the ceremonies & Co. are window dressing. Spin.

If you were in the pub being as willfully stubborn and obtuse as you have been for this long I would put you in the picture. As long as nobody else was within earshot.
cicerone imposter

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 11:03 am
@spendius,
spendi, The only one being obtuse is you! Pubs, winks, and the bible has nothing to do with evolution. Get with the program!
spendius

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 11:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
Drivel!!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 11:55 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
You have denied that theology is science, fm, ever since I encountered you on A2K. I suppose you cannot now admit that it is.

But it is. It simply studies areas of much greater difficulty than rock formations....

Theology isn't science because it doesn't use the scientific method. The scientific method is:

1. Formulation of a question
Determine which phenomenon you wish to understand.
2. Gather data
Examine the available verifiable data relating to the phenomenon.
3. Hypothesis
Formulate an explanation of all or part of the phenomenon based on
patterns in the data.
4. Prediction
Use the hypothesis to predict the result of experiments not yet
performed.
5. Testing
Experimentally test the prediction in item 4 above.
6. Conclusion
If experiments confirm the prediction, then the hypothesis is somewhat
confirmed. If experiments don't confirm the prediction, then the
hypothesis is wrong. Get over it and see if you can formulated another
hypothesis.

If you disagree and feel that theologians are doing this, please provide examples.

Quehoniaomath

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 11:57 am
@Brandon9000,
Quote:

Theology isn't science because it doesn't use the scientific method. The scientific method is:

1. Formulation of a question
Determine which phenomenon you wish to understand.
2. Gather data
Examine the available verifiable data relating to the phenomenon.
3. Hypothesis
Formulate an explanation of all or part of the phenomenon based on
patterns in the data.
4. Prediction
Use the hypothesis to predict the result of experiments not yet
performed.
5. Testing
Experimentally test the prediction in item 4 above.
6. Conclusion
If experiments confirm the prediction, then the hypothesis is somewhat
confirmed. If experiments don't confirm the prediction, then the
hypothesis is wrong. Get over it and see if you can formulated another
hypothesis.

If you disagree and feel that theologians are doing this, please provide examples.

sounds plossible, right? However the scientific method is a myth!

and there are so many things wrong with the scientific method you mentioned above.
farmerman

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:08 pm
@Brandon9000,
imagine "testing" theology. It would all depend upon to whose theology spendi subscribes.

Could be dicey for him.
0 Replies

farmerman

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:10 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
Quote:
the scientific method is a myth!
Im sure a lot of people are gonna run right out and buy some of the same **** that Quahogs been smoking.

Lordyaswas

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:18 pm
@farmerman,
See or hear Cameron today, talking about the need to develop new antibiotics, because the bacteria are evolving and the old medication is not working so well anymore?

Them bacteria boys haven't read up on creatonism, I reckon.
Frank Apisa

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:21 pm
The question ought not to be, "Why do people deny evolution?"...

...but rather, "Why would any rational, intelligent person possibly engage someone like Quehoniaomath...or some of his echoes...in a serious discussion?

Why?
cicerone imposter

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:24 pm
@Lordyaswas,
Those 'bacteria boys' could also be christians. Mr. Green
0 Replies

Syamsu

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:56 pm
@farmerman,
The court at Dover is evolutionist, but the court at Nurenburg convicted all those people who denied free will with some idea about biological determinism, then hanged a lot of them. That is where lack of knowledge about choosing will get you.

Creationism is common sense to acknowledge that freedom is real and relevant in the universe, and it is the inevitable foundation of all science, because it explains origins. Now you go study the mathematics of choosing, if you want to grow up and be a real and respected intellectual / scientist.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:57 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Quote:
the scientific method is a myth!
Im sure a lot of people are gonna run right out and buy some of the same **** that Quahogs been smoking.

Why even give him the satisfaction of reacting? If we ignore him, eventually he will go.
Quehoniaomath

Wed 2 Jul, 2014 12:59 pm
@Brandon9000,
Quote:
Why even give him the satisfaction of reacting? If we ignore him, eventually he will go.

And why do you want me to leave? something I wrote you didn't like? Wink

It is not my fault that you where indoctrinated with crap and shite, and that made you stop thinking for yourself.

You are just parroting the religious party line, and of course there is the peer pressure.

Hard to swallow I guess?

0 Replies