Why do people deny evolution?

parados

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:02 am
@farmerman,
I think you may be right and Q is putting us on. What he is quoting from is a new age tomb on Ancient Aliens and contains references to the Ostrich people in Australia whose feet look like an Ostrich. It is so outlandish, he can't possibly believe it. Either that or he is completely nuts.

The author's view on menstruation:
Quote:
As a science researcher, as many through the years, one of the most clear revelations is that menstruation is not a normal process. It is caused by a "violation of natural laws" as renowned researcher Dr. Bernard put it and I would have to heartily agree....
Menstruation is the culmination of many things, all preventable. Excitement, stress, exercise, constipation, salt, refined foods, coffee, alcohol, top the list.

Quehoniaomath

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:16 am
@parados,
Quote:
I think you may be right and Q is putting us on. What he is quoting from is a new age tomb on Ancient Aliens and contains references to the Ostrich people in Australia whose feet look like an Ostrich. It is so outlandish, he can't possibly believe it. Either that or he is completely nuts.

The author's view on menstruation:

It is a funny thing you try to do.
However, I also don't agree with all she wrote, but there is so much that makes it so clear that evolution is bollocks.

Stating that some things are wrong, doens't automaticaaly make all of her statements wrong . As I said before , a lot of it is spot on!

How can it be something else? Evolution IS bollocks!

What is so difficult to understand about that?
spendius

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:27 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Her "Scientific" sounding writing is specious, lots of tinfoil and sparkles, little substance.

The question, fm, is why the lady writes it.

That what she says is 'scientific sounding', a speciality of yours too, as in this case, specious, sparkling tinfoil and of little substance, are all assertions with no substance and all circular and repetitive.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 11:59 am
@Quehoniaomath,
So much? You mean the argument that evolution didn't happen because we are descendants of ancient aliens?
Quehoniaomath

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:33 pm
@parados,
Quote:
So much? You mean the argument that evolution didn't happen because we are descendants of ancient aliens?

Nice try.
you forget to mention that there are arguments that are to the point and you can't dismiss.
That she is wrong at one thing, doesn't mean she is wrong on all things offcourse.
If you think that , that is a bit ehhh...... dumb?

It is very funny to see people here trying to debunk the good arguments with pointmig to bad arguments. won't do.

It's a strange thing, formal education, isn' it?
spendius

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 01:46 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
It's not so much formal education, Q, as deviousness. It is not a matter of opinion whether evolution is true or not, it is a necessity for those who insist it is. Absolutely. There's a lot riding on it. I shudder to think of how much after witnessing a few intense manifestations of the belief in a number of pubs during the happiest hour.

Although it might be that formal education inculcates deviousness. I wouldn't have liked to have entered His Majesty's Service minus a degree of deviousness. My Mum and Dad were not very devious. Not sufficient to prepare a callow youth for Basic Training and the shitstorm that follows. Maybe the idea is that as you get into your late teens, later for some dimwits, it begins to dawn on you that school was bullshit from end to end and just how elaborate deviousness can become in the hands of experts with much practice and munificent funds. Which implies that you had better get some deviousness if you're going to have a hope of making your way in the world and if that example you have just been witness to for about 10 years doesn't drive the lesson home nothing will.

It is not a necessity for evolution to be an error for those who think knowledge of it has no utility in human affairs. Untold multitudes had never even heard of it so it can't be normal for it to be a necessity. Which it is for some.

Now that science has laughed off the idea that it is the disinterested curiosity at work and sold out to utility for real money, big money, which I am not claiming I wouldn't have done for more than peanuts, it needs to investigate the utility thoroughly rather than just saying it has discovered a cure for acromologicalitis.

And we know where Big Money comes from and we know that as soon as it got the chance it tapped all our communications and transactions. Including its own.

0 Replies

parados

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 02:45 pm
@Quehoniaomath,
I would love to see what you think is a good argument from her. All her gobbledygook about magnetism is complete hogwash. She argues that magnetic fields other than the earth's natural one interfere with and destroy organisms. It's complete nonsense. The computer you are sitting in front of has a magnetic field. Did you die yet? MRIs are rather strong magnets and yet they don't kill people or cause them to fossilize which is another of her argument about magnetic fields.
spendius

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 03:10 pm
@parados,
But they might have some funny effects on the electro/chemical circuits which could be said to fossilize certain parts of us if not the outward appearance of still being a going concern.

All that is irreducibly complex and I thus have no fixed view about it.

parados

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 03:11 pm
@spendius,
Your lack of a magnetic personality will keep you from being fossilized Spendi. That and the pickling process you are currently involved in.
farmerman

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 04:01 pm
@parados,
The reason I blive that uahog is just fuckin with us is because hes asserting that evolution is a religion, but, without NY SKEPTICISM, he posts only junk from idiotic and fringey religious sites that ,with minimal investigation, we can easily see that its all crap. So
Quahog is actually doing what he accuses us of doing . I feel so foolish for being sucked in nd getting concerned. I ooriginally accused him of doing a version of a Creationist Steven Colbert.

spendius

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 05:19 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
A few years ago, one of our English members picked the majority winners on our annual NFL pick-em game and hes sorta like our prognoctopus.

Which is hardly an argument now is it?

Like when you accuse me of being drunk and not getting laid are not arguments. Especially when I'm never even tiddly and I had shagged myself to an intellectual standstill before I joined A2K. Otherwise I would not be here. The worship of the Divine has its limits.
farmerman

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:12 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

Like when you accuse me of being drunk and not getting laid are not arguments
an argument is one of a set of at lleast two opposing propositions for the pure purpose of debate. I wasn't debating the issue that you are a celibate drunk.
0 Replies

farmerman

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:16 pm
Quote:
Why do people deny evolution?
why indeed.
glitterbag

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:49 pm
@farmerman,
The only thing I can think of is that folks who believe the Bible is absolute, deny Gods gift of intelligence, in fear that having questions is a unforgivable sin that will land them in hell. I'm pretty sure that the Bible didn't reveal the promise of penicillin, but not many fundamentalists refuse modern medicine. But they may be offended if Bill Nye mentions the earth rotates around the sun. I don't understand why one one hand they believe their ridged interpretation can be the only truth, and on the other will rely on modern medicine to cure their ills.

I still think those who deny evolution are fearful they will offend God, but if you believe that God created everything and is all knowing, why would you also believe that God wants his children to be stupid.
Germlat

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 08:08 pm
@glitterbag,
Good post Glitter...so true of many people's experience.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 08:21 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I wouldn't dream of replying to a post of yours, or that of anybody else, using the Reply to All box. It must be done on purpose and it's a bit snotty.

Interesting. I was unaware it had any significance or consequence at all. It's not like I'm CCing people in an e-mail.
glitterbag

Tue 17 Jun, 2014 08:48 pm
@Brandon9000,
Wow, something else you don't know!
Quehoniaomath

Wed 18 Jun, 2014 02:48 am
well, so now we have seen evolution is bollocks and shite in various ways.
Now the question becomes:

"Why do people cling to evolution(theory), against all odds"?

0 Replies

Quehoniaomath

Wed 18 Jun, 2014 03:09 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
I still think those who deny evolution are fearful they will offend God, but if you believe that God created everything and is all knowing, why would you also believe that God wants his children to be stupid.

This is simply not true. There is a better way to understand denying of evolution, that is lack of evidence!

And I think it is the other way around, people who have paid hundreds of dollars to indoctrinate themselves, into the evolutionhoax don't want to see that evolution is bollocks and shite.
They also have probably told their families and friend how good evolution is.
and how good they are at understanding it.
Now, what will do they when they hear evolution is a hoax?
Denial of course!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j2F4VcBmeo

0 Replies

spendius

Wed 18 Jun, 2014 03:55 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
The only thing I can think of is that folks who believe the Bible is absolute, deny Gods gift of intelligence, in fear that having questions is a unforgivable sin that will land them in hell.

That may be true but there's nobody on this thread who thinks that.

Obviously gb has me on Ignore and has not seen any of the 20 odd reasons I have provided why people might deny evolution and she is thus unable 2 know any of them which explains why her reason is the only one she can think of and will remain the only one if she shuts herself off from any others and insists on remaining stupid.
0 Replies