how many year a

McTag

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 04:34 am
@JTT,
You like to put up questions and demand answers. Unsurprisingly, you get few takers.
I like to criticise posts which I think are uphelpful, unnecessarily longwinded, confusing to learners, and ill-thought out.
You must deal with the beam in your own eye.
JTT

Reply Fri 3 Jan, 2014 11:17 am
@McTag,
Oh yes you are, big time, dishonest and incapable of discussing the language issue. Signature

McTag

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 08:09 am
@JTT,

Are you familiar with the BrE phrases "He spat out his dummy"; "Don't throw your toys out of the pram"?

Useful phrases, they refer to childish behaviour. You are fond of using words like "dishonest" when you don't get your own way. This does not lend any more credibility to your stuff than usual. Your posts are more about posturing and self-aggrandisement that anything else, and I reserve the right to point this out when you step over the line. Is there any regular poster here who you haven't insulted, or attempted to patronise (which is the same thing)? I doubt if there is.

dummy: comforter
pram: baby carriage
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 09:09 am
Sometimes USians call dummies "pacifiers". I think they look dreadful. My mother said they were what common women used to keep their babies quiet.

JTT

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:04 am
@McTag,
McTag:You like to put up questions and demand answers.

I didn't do that. I described why WB couldn't use the present continuous in that situation. And you stuck your ignorant self in when it's clearly beyond you just like the vast majority of language issues are beyond you.

Notice that you are nothing but diversions. You never address the language issues for the obvious reason that you can't.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 11:24 am
@contrex,
Oftentimes USians call folks who dance around a subject that they are supposed to be qualified in, dummies.

You are an English teacher and you do take money from people for your expertise, do you not, Contrex? You raised the issue.

Can you point to one post, even one sentence in a post where either you or McTag addressed the language issue.
0 Replies