How can you tell if a guy (via text) is interested in you and flirting w/ you vs. just being nice?

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 03:52 pm
Hi guys! I met this foreign guy and we were messaging via internet (about hobbies and such), but the messages sent slowly so he asked if I had Skype. I didn't and had trouble making an account, so he offered to make 1 for me. I told him he didn't have to go through the trouble but he insisted (and told me how to change the password). Then he offered any additional regarding the internet.. On the subject of hobbies, I told him I do theater. He said he doesn't go often but would "for sure" like to see me in it. Next he spoke of how much it snows in his country and how some people rode sleds/sleighs. I told him it never snows enough to do that where I live and that I've got to do that one day. Then he tells me that if I were close to him, he'd "help me fulfill that small dream" and that he would pull me (w/ smiley face). He tells me I should come there. We talked for 4 hours and while it was only 10 pm where I live, it was 5 am where he lives. So he told me to take care of myself, "good night and sweet dreams." Is he just being polite?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,013 • Replies: 1
No top replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 11 Dec, 2013 04:03 pm
@elizaxo94,
That sounds like flirting to me, although it is fairly benign flirting.

However, flirting doesn't necessarily mean interest. People flirt just for fun. If I were you I would just keep having fun with it. There isn't any real chance of you having a real long-term relationship with this guy, is there?

If you are having fun, then just go along with it.
0 Replies