Harvard criticises Ronald Reagan and Maggie Thatcher regimes

JTT

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 10:31 am
@izzythepush,
No apologies for the over 200 times the US has illegally invaded sovereign nations, killed millions upon millions, stolen vast sums of wealth, from poor people, just to feed the fat asses of fat ass Americans.
JTT

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 11:18 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Notice, Finn, how all any American can do is pump out the tired old propaganda about communists. Y'all fell for it hook, line and sinker. It is not up to the US to decide the form and style of government that people want.

But that too is a canard.

These governments in Latin America were not communist. These were governments that cared about the people, but the US can't have that because that would preclude them from installing their own dictator. That would allow the people of those countries to have a say in how their country should operate. That would have hampered US businesses from raping and pillaging those countries.

You all know this and yet you remain silent save for these inane comments.

Why?

Consider
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 11:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
From the ridiculous to the absurd then on to more American propaganda. And you guys are supposed to be rational, thinking adults.

Pull the other one.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 11:21 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
You're doing well, Izzy.

And you are doing nothing, Osso.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 11:30 am
@JTT,
Why don't you apologise? You're more American than me.
JTT

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 11:38 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why don't you apologise?

My comment wasn't directed at you, Izzy, it was a continuation of what you had been saying.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 11:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
It was a war wherein communist slavery tried, did its best, to conquer the world.

Such drivel, such absolute nonsense.

Who is it that conquered the world? Who is it that lied their asses off when all they were really doing was slaughtering people just so that they could steal the wealth of already destitute people.

Well, it was the good ole US of A.

And no one denies it, certainly not any American, because it's undeniable. But still the vacuous propaganda pours forth and no one speaks up.

Where is Region and Jespah and Finn and Joe Nation and ... ?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 13 Dec, 2013 11:49 am
@oristarA,
But Mandela "was never that at all, he was always a very considered — if anything, a Christian — democrat."

Quote:
That 's a run-on sentence.
It consists of 2 sentences that are improperly and ignorantly punctuated.

Quote:
Good catch.

It was not a good catch at all, Ori. It was simply Sig spreading his ignorance. I thought you were more discerning than that.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 07:26 pm
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:

Good catch.

BTW, do you think the comment "in spite of the efforts of the Ronald Reagan and Maggie Thatcher regimes to construe him as a raving communist" is a criticism of the regimes, Dave?

I don't know about David, but for me, the answer is "No."

Mandella came out of prison a very different man than the one who entered it.

There is, therefore, no reason to compare assessments of pre-prison Mandela with the actual post-prison Mandela.

Once Mandela left prison and made clear his altered and admirable approach to to the battle against aparthied, anyone who maintained a a low opinion of him beyond the first one or two years of his freedom can be rightly called to task.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 07:27 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

He wasn't able to destroy the planet to fulfil some twisted religious prophecy. We were very lucky to have a man like Gorbachev in the Kremlin, if there'd been a Stalin or Khrushchev in charge none of us would be alive now.

The only reason the West did not collapse financially was because of Chinese Communist money. Looks like they made the right call.

This is idiotic in so many ways.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 07:28 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're free, because you're very rich. I just hope it lasts. I'm sure you've seen Trading Places.

So izzy, either you are a slave or very rich. Which is it?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 07:39 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

There was no Communist Empire. Communism was never tried.

The utterly lame argument of Leftists the world round.

Communism was very definately tried in a great many nations.

That the practical attempts didn't match the theoretical ideology was to be expected and is immaterial in a discussion of communisim.

The fact that numerous nations have tried with consistent failure to implement the tenets of communisim says a lot about communisim.

Perhaps the most successful attempt at implementing communism was in the Israeli Kibbutizim, and yet even that attempt has failed, not due to tyranny enforced by massive murder, but because the concept is not compatable with human nature.

Your argument is quite similar to one which contends people can fly, and argues that it has never been proven to be false because no one has really tried to take to the skies.

oristarA

Reply Sun 15 Dec, 2013 09:49 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

oristarA wrote:

Good catch.

BTW, do you think the comment "in spite of the efforts of the Ronald Reagan and Maggie Thatcher regimes to construe him as a raving communist" is a criticism of the regimes, Dave?

I don't know about David, but for me, the answer is "No."

Mandella came out of prison a very different man than the one who entered it.

There is, therefore, no reason to compare assessments of pre-prison Mandela with the actual post-prison Mandela.

Once Mandela left prison and made clear his altered and admirable approach to to the battle against aparthied, anyone who maintained a a low opinion of him beyond the first one or two years of his freedom can be rightly called to task.

Excellent point.

A hot bum in, a calm gentleman out.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 12:28 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
I liked this line. A repartee of Dave's style.
Invented by Goebbel's 'Radio Werwolf' ....
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 12:32 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Perhaps the most successful attempt at implementing communism was in the Israeli Kibbutizim, and yet even that attempt has failed, not due to tyranny enforced by massive murder, but because the concept is not compatable with human nature.
And yet, 40% of Israel's agricultural output comes from the Kibbutzim
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 02:18 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
You deliberately misunderstand, or don't understand. I'm not wasting my time explaining anything else to you.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2013 06:47 pm
@izzythepush,
Promise?
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Tue 17 Dec, 2013 08:59 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

oristarA wrote:
I liked this line. A repartee of Dave's style.
Invented by Goebbel's 'Radio Werwolf' ....

Wasn't Goebbel speaking German? Could he speak good English?
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 18 Dec, 2013 12:49 am
@oristarA,
oristarA wrote:
Wasn't Goebbel speaking German? Could he speak good English?
Don't you think that some English-speaking persons can understand and translate German?

But as wikipedia notes:
Quote:
The English slogans may or may not have been coined separately
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 27 Dec, 2013 07:07 pm
@izzythepush,
After you explain how the US has raped and pillaged the planet and slaughtered
millions in the process, Finn will just pretend that you didn't offer
any facts, and he will, of course, refuse to discuss said facts.

Kinda like you, Izzy, on the UK.