Rikku

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 08:07 pm
I have a problem with my boss, we were like friends for 3 years and suddenly he changed a lot. We have an argument recently and i apologized sincerely. I wrote him, send him txt and send him flowers. He said he accept my apology but i feel it gets worst. I ask him what is the problem between us. He just say that he never understood me that we have a lot in common and he doesn't want to be like that. I am not a kind of person thats talked to much like my other colleagues. I work very hard but not he doesn't recognize everything i do. And he doesn't talk to me the way before. I was so hurt when he's treating me like that. What will i do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 723 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 08:26 pm
@Rikku,
It's a job. Treat it that way.

And not like a friendship.

So stop with the flowers. And don't worry about not being sociable enough or anything like that; you're there to do a job.

You have tasks at work and you need to accomplish them. Your boss needs to provide you with clear direction and evaluation. Period. Document everything that you do in case you are not getting proper recognition. This means saving emails, using return receipt and all of that.

Protect yourself as an employee. CYA.

It is not easy to find work these days. Concentrate on maintaining a healthy and cordial working relationship and not on having a friendship.
Rikku

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 08:38 pm
@jespah,
Thanks jespah. I did it too. But he doesn't want to be like that. He wants me to change. To deal with people and to understand him and to be more open to him. Every time i am giving him my work, he just set it a side and tell me to wait. I have some deadlines too but he priorities my other colleagues.
jespah

Reply Thu 5 Dec, 2013 08:53 pm
@Rikku,
Then review time is not going to be pretty.

Do you want to hang around and wait for what seems to be the setup for an undeserved bad review?

If you can, I suggest looking for other employment. I know it's not easy but this situation does not seem healthy, and he seems like a lousy manager to boot. Managers should not play favorites with their employees and they should prioritize the work properly. Sounds like he's striking out in both of these rather basic areas.
0 Replies