Heads Up from Michael Moore

panzade

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:52 pm
LOL , much more succinct!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:54 pm
In all seriousness, does building a culture of fear through rhetoric on both sides actually contribute to growth within a society? The squeaky wheel does indeed get the press, erm, oil, but how are any real problems being addressed right now by either side?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:56 pm
A lot better than in Canada. Jeez, you guys never raise your voices. Everything is repressed. That unctuous politeness. CAN'T YOU JUST LET GO OF YOUR ANGER?
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 05:25 pm
Angry canadians........kinda of an oxymoron, we are the happiest people on the planet.
We live in gods country, rivers flowing with milk and honey and all that, why be angry???
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 05:39 pm
Remarkable book sales, honored at the Cannes Film Festival and the Academy Awards -- yes, he's certainly no asset for the liberal cause.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 06:04 pm
President Bush is visiting an elementary school one day, and he visits one of the classes (4th grade, I believe.) They are in he middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings.
The teacher asks the President if he would like to lead the class in the discussion of the word "tragedy".

So our illustrious leader asks the class for an example of a tragedy.
One little boy stands up and offers, "If my bestfriend, who lives next door, is playing in the street and a car comes along and runs over him, that would be a tragedy."

"No," says Bush, "that would be an accident."

A little girl raises her hand: "If a school bus carrying 50 children drove off a cliff, killing everyone, that would be a tragedy."

"I'm afraid not," explains the President. "That's what we would call a GREAT LOSS."

The room goes silent. No other children volunteer. President Bush searches the room. Isn't there someone here who cangive me an example of a tragedy?"

Finally, way in the back of the room, Little Johnny raises his hand.
In a quiet voice he says, "If Air Force One, carrying Mr. and Mrs. Bush, was struck by a missile and blown to smithereens, that would be a tragedy."

"Fantastic," exclaims Bush, "that's right. And can you tell me WHY that would be a tragedy?"

"Well," Johnny says, "because it wouldn't be an accident, and it sure as hell wouldn't be a great loss."
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 06:10 pm
Foxfyre wrote:
Good Lord, has the debate in this forum disintegrated to 'yo mama is so fat' jokes? Anybody who takes Michael Moore seriously is not to be taken seriously. His remarks are so full of venom and intentional misinformation, I cannot respect any publication that would publish them without a disclaimer.

and Columbine was just another senior sneak day prank with live ammunition.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 09:10 pm
Columbine? Hmmm, seem to remember something about fear and guns....was there a movie describing the fear, poverty and hatred in America?
Michael Moore, yeah, that's the guy.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Thu 15 Apr, 2004 12:07 am
sparky wrote:
My friend here just asked an interesting question.

What's the difference between a paid security guard and a mercenary?

Mercenaries are paid soldiers. Security guards are...security guards. Mercenaries can have grenades and full-auto weapons and armored vehicles and whatever else. The security guards in Iraq can't even bring their own weapons into the country. In the story I read, they bought some guns out of the trunk of some Iraqi's car so they could make the trip to Baghdad or whatever city they were going to.
0 Replies