Heads Up from Michael Moore

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 02:33 pm
Heads Up
April 14, 2004

Friends,

I have never seen a head so far up a Presidential ass (pardon my Falluja) than the one I saw last night at the "news conference" given by George W. Bush. He's still talking about finding "weapons of mass destruction" -- this time on Saddam's "turkey farm." Turkey indeed. Clearly the White House believes there are enough idiots in the 17 swing states who will buy this. I think they are in for a rude awakening.

I've been holed up for weeks in the editing room finishing my film ("Fahrenheit 911"). That's why you haven't heard from me lately. But after last night's Lyndon Johnson impersonation from the East Room -- essentially promising to send even more troops into the Iraq sinkhole -- I had to write you all a note.

First, can we stop the Orwellian language and start using the proper names for things? Those are not "contractors" in Iraq. They are not there to fix a roof or to pour concrete in a driveway. They are MERCENARIES and SOLDIERS OF FORTUNE. They are there for the money, and the money is very good if you live long enough to spend it.

Halliburton is not a "company" doing business in Iraq. It is a WAR PROFITEER, bilking millions from the pockets of average Americans. In past wars they would have been arrested -- or worse.

The Iraqis who have risen up against the occupation are not "insurgents" or "terrorists" or "The Enemy." They are the REVOLUTION, the Minutemen, and their numbers will grow -- and they will win. Get it, Mr. Bush? You closed down a friggin' weekly newspaper, you great giver of freedom and democracy! Then all hell broke loose. The paper only had 10,000 readers! Why are you smirking?

One year after we wiped the face of the Saddam statue with our American flag before yanking him down, it is now too dangerous for a single media person to go to that square in Baghdad and file a report on the wonderful one-year anniversary celebration. Of course, there is no celebration, and those brave blow-dried "embeds" can't even leave the safety of the fort in downtown Baghdad. They never actually SEE what is taking place across Iraq (most of the pictures we see on TV are shot by Arab media and some Europeans). When you watch a report "from Iraq" what you are getting is the press release handed out by the U.S. occupation force and repeated to you as "news."

I currently have two cameramen/reporters doing work for me in Iraq for my movie (unbeknownst to the Army). They are talking to soldiers and gathering the true sentiment about what is really going on. They Fed Ex the footage back to me each week. That's right, Fed Ex. Who said we haven't brought freedom to Iraq! The funniest story my guys tell me is how when they fly into Baghdad, they don't have to show a passport or go through immigration. Why not? Because they have not traveled from a foreign country -- they're coming from America TO America, a place that is ours, a new American territory called Iraq.

There is a lot of talk amongst Bush's opponents that we should turn this war over to the United Nations. Why should the other countries of this world, countries who tried to talk us out of this folly, now have to clean up our mess? I oppose the U.N. or anyone else risking the lives of their citizens to extract us from our debacle. I'm sorry, but the majority of Americans supported this war once it began and, sadly, that majority must now sacrifice their children until enough blood has been let that maybe -- just maybe -- God and the Iraqi people will forgive us in the end.

Until then, enjoy the "pacification" of Falluja, the "containment" of Sadr City, and the next Tet Offensive - oops, I mean, "terrorist attack by a small group of Baathist loyalists" (Hahaha! I love writing those words, Baathist loyalists, it makes me sound so Peter Jennings!) -- followed by a "news conference" where we will be told that we must "stay the course" because we are "winning the hearts and minds of the people."

I'll write again soon. Don't despair. Remember, the American people are not that stupid. Sure, we can be frightened into a war, but we always come around sooner or later -- and the one way this is NOT like Vietnam is that it hasn't taken the public four long years to figure out they were lied to.

Now if Bush would just quit speaking in public and giving me more free material for my movie, I can get back to work and get it done. I've got four weeks left 'til completion.

Yours,

Michael Moore
[email protected]
www.michaelmoore.com
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,478 • Replies: 28
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 02:41 pm
The only thing "heads up" about Michael Moore is that he can't see his feet.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 02:41 pm
Thanks BB.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 02:50 pm
Yes, Michael Moore went Bowling for Brains and got a gutter ball.

The contractors in Iraq are paid security guards. They do happen to be ex-military, and they are armed, and they get paid ludicrous amounts of money for putting their lives on the line protecting people the soldiers don't protect. And sometimes they get burned to ashes and their dead bodies hung on bridges. But they are NOT mercenaries.

The Iraqis (and foreigners) trying to kill Coalition troops are Saddam loyalists and terrorists, and they won't last for long. That Sadr guy is already in talks to surrender, and once he starts looking weak, his supporters will melt away into the desert like a light morning fog.

The UN isn't going to come back to Iraq. They turned tail and ran as soon as a bomb went off nearby. They might bring in a few food shipments, but I'll bet their people don't set foot on the pier.

Michael Moore is as popular with the right as Bill O'Reilly is with the left.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 02:57 pm
I see we've descended into fat jokes as if Jerry Falwell could see his feet either. He is on your side, though.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:04 pm
Good Lord, has the debate in this forum disintegrated to 'yo mama is so fat' jokes? Anybody who takes Michael Moore seriously is not to be taken seriously. His remarks are so full of venom and intentional misinformation, I cannot respect any publication that would publish them without a disclaimer.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:07 pm
This is a message from Rodney King. Can't we all just get along? <glug glug> All this conflict is driving me to drink...and drive....<glug glug> Did I mention that Bill O'Reilly got his career from Howard Stern?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:14 pm
Facts
"The UN isn't going to come back to Iraq. They turned tail and ran as soon as a bomb went off nearby."

UN members were killed.

Right Wing sarcasms aren't facts.

If Right Wingers are so vehement about spreading "Democracy" why haven't they spread it to their allies such as Kuwait, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:17 pm
They prefer the steam roller technique and the steam roller has run out of steam.
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:26 pm
Re: Facts
pistoff wrote:
"The UN isn't going to come back to Iraq. They turned tail and ran as soon as a bomb went off nearby."

UN members were killed.

Right Wing sarcasms aren't facts.

If Right Wingers are so vehement about spreading "Democracy" why haven't they spread it to their allies such as Kuwait, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia?

Do you believe the UN will return to Iraq? I don't, not before the Coalition has made it nice and safe, and maybe even not for a long time after that. The UN is toothless.

Never fear, Saudi Arabia is on the way to democracy. So is Iran. There will be more and more demonstrations and uprisings until the tipping point is reached. And "Right Wingers" won't have to go in there at all.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:39 pm
Just make it singular and you'd have an autobiography.

http://vancouver.indymedia.org/uploads/michaelmoore002.jpg
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 03:54 pm
Michael Moore is to the intelligent Liberal community, what John Wayne Gacy was to the clown community.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:02 pm
Not bad Fedral!
You musta started droolin' when you saw this thread...lol
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:04 pm
Fat jokes weren't enough, now he's being compared to a serial killer. Like I said

Republican humor is an oxymoron.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:05 pm
The UN
The Pres. Select said that the UN will go to Iraq to help out with selecting leaders of the new power structure.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:17 pm
I just find it difficult to believe that TWO John Wayne Gacy jokes were levelled on A2K this week. The first was my own, I admit, when in the 'scary children's show' thread, I mentioned being frightened by the short-lived show "Clowning Around" with John Wayne Gacy. So beat me, whip me, torture me like Mel's Jesus....hey, everyone has their fetishes...like being a Republican, for example.
0 Replies

sparky

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:25 pm
My friend here just asked an interesting question.

What's the difference between a paid security guard and a mercenary?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:29 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
Fat jokes weren't enough, now he's being compared to a serial killer. Like I said

Republican humor is an oxymoron.

No Light, I was just pointing out, that the man is not exactly what you could call an 'asset' to your cause.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:43 pm
I think Rush Limbaugh and Moore cancel each other out. I listen to both of them the same way. With a healthy dose of skepticism.
0 Replies

sparky

Reply Wed 14 Apr, 2004 04:50 pm
There is a need for people on both sides that are over-the-top, loud and squeaky. Wait a minute (scratch head). No, there really isn't a need, is there? You're right, there are people on both sides that make you go - 'oh no, he's talking again....'
0 Replies