Getting out of creeper status

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:27 pm
Hi People,

There's a girl acquaintance I know. We used to chat on f/b and did the coffee thing. She was very nice, but I failed to get closer due to my own issues. We went out of touch, I deleted my account and lost contact with her. I've seen her from time to time in person. She's seemed weird when I saw her. I was stressed out at the time and made the mistake of sending a creepy message or two. I think I stumbled into the awkward creeper guy status, and every time saw her, tried to send a message or approach her in person, I was just digging a hole.

I'd like to know her again. I was thinking about sending an actual email (to her business email as I never needed her personal one) to apologize and show a genuine interest in catching up or is that just too creepy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,699 • Replies: 7
No top replies

roger

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:37 pm
@truman10,
I don't know about creepy, but it does sound like a wasted effort. When you are catagorized as she seems to have, it's about impossible to dig your way out. It just seems like anything you can do at this point can only make things worse.

Sorry for the downer opinion.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:55 pm
@truman10,
If she hasn't ever invited you to communicate with her via the business email address, do not do it, only use what she has given you. Many people do not like getting personal emails at their business and if she did not specifically say to email her there, that will place you deeper into the creeper category bordering on stalker.

If you must, wait until you see her again and ask if she'd like to have a coffee together. Take your cue from there.
Rockhead

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
I agree.

face to face is the only possible successful path out...
0 Replies

truman10

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 06:59 pm
@roger,
I know exactly what you mean. Try to explain yourself, and boom... creepy. I get the feeling that's how she sees me now.

If I did send a note and approached it head on? I don't expect anything.

0 Replies

truman10

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:07 pm
@Butrflynet,
I sent a note to her 'art' page on f/b as that's the pretense of first meeting her back when. Was that fine or stalkerish?

I don't use f/b anymore and I didn't want to add her again without getting back in touch. I don't think you can send notes to the personal page if you're not friends?
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 3 Dec, 2013 07:30 pm
@truman10,
You said "I was thinking about sending an actual email (to her business email as I never needed her personal one)"

1. You were talking about what you are thinking about doing, not what you've already done in the past.

2. A Facebook post to an art page and an actual email to her business email are two entirely different things.
0 Replies

Anyday

Reply Thu 10 Dec, 2015 02:07 pm
@truman10,
Well you don't really know if she finds you creepy. A big mistake that a lot of people do is that they make a lot of assumptions and at the end they hesitate to do anything at all.

I say talk to her and be honest. Even if you get a no at least you'll know that you tried, without feeling "creepy".
0 Replies