Friendly wife

Reply Fri 29 Nov, 2013 11:11 pm
Hello all, dealing with something that has my emotions and state of mind in a fog. Don't know if I'm being childish or should be concerned. All I know is I don't feel good at all.

I found my wife of 10 years with some instant messages to a Dr of the family. Nothing to the degree of an affair but flirting in the late hours of the night while I was sleeping and her tipsy. Content included how he and his looks made her feel, that she had this crush on him, pics were hot, etc.

I found these and was quite upset of her feelings for this man. By the way he is also married with a family if that means any thing. I was upset and she knew this. I explained to her that its ok to have crushes and think other people are attractive that you deal with on a day to day, month to month basis is alright but in my eyes explaining these things in quiet messaging is hurtful and a sense of emotional cheating.

So she agreed on social media sites to converse but no more instant messaging where all is hidden. Recently, they had a conversation (instant messaging ) over a suitable matter but when I read parts of it that stated sorry I didn't see you and give you a hug on last visit and end with "love u kiddo" my feelings started racing again. Earlier conversation was months before this. My wife ended the conversation with Me too!. As in, you love him too?? Excuse me?? Her part of me too! was deleted after a day or two.

Haven't spoken to her about it. Now I have this sickly feeling in my gut once again. Now, I feel disgusted thinking of her giving this man a hug pressing her body up against him when they come in contact.

Are my feelings warranted? Am I the over jealous husband? Which I will admit, I do get jealous over things. Should this concern me? Is she disrespecting our marriage bond? I don't know. What I do know, all of this makes me feel bad and I don't like the feeling. Thanks for taking the time.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,482 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 01:57 am
Relax mate; if she had a really serious thing going with that bloke she'd keep it well hidden. The fact that you found it easily enough probably means it's not serious.
She might even be doing it to make you a bit jealous. Two can play at that game so you could try flirting with a woman and see how your wife likes it, ha ha..Smile
0 Replies

Nom de plume

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 08:08 am
@patriot12,
Yes, you should be concerned. Most doctors do NOT give out personal contact info. They are only reachable thru their office staff. The fact that he gave her his contact info is troubling. But, are you sure (and is she) that it is the doc she is speaking to? It could be a member of his staff. If it is him, you need to have a talk with her and change doctors. He is unprofessional and should be reported to the state medical association if it goes any further. And you may want to consider marital counseling too.
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 08:15 am
@patriot12,
There would be nothing wrong with you mentioning something to him the next time you see him. Something like "My wife gets a kick out of your personal messages. Are you this familiar with all your patients? I'd appreciate it if you'd stop it right now. "

You seem somewhat passive about this entire thing. I have a feeling this is not the only kind of inappropriate behavior there has been from your wife. And you just kind of sit there, wondering what to do. H-m-m-m.

patriot12

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 09:11 am
@Nom de plume,
Dr works on our children's teeth, dentist. From his social media all the mothers seem to drool over him.
0 Replies

patriot12

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 09:19 am
@PUNKEY,
No, nothing else out there that I know of. My wife insists that she would never threaten our marriage. I tend to be very passive aggressive, funny you picked up on that.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 09:46 am
It's hard for me to believe your wife isn't clever enough to hide these IM's from you. Therefore I think she is sending a subtle message that she needs more ardor in her marriage. It's possible the "Seven Year Itch" arrived a little late.

Have a meeting with yourself and be frank. Have you lost sight of your desire for her when you married her? Do you take her for granted as your wife? Have you given her cause for jealousy with some innocent social contact?

Perhaps it's time to renew your vows; if only in your heart and mind.
patriot12

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 10:22 am
@panzade,
Yes, she could hide if she really wanted too.

We have and enjoy more sex today than ever in our ten years. We both would agree on that. I can't pinpoint anything from your questions. Maybe she does need romance, not just sex but all the bells and whistles of romance in our lives. Thanks
panzade

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 11:15 am
@patriot12,
Jealousy is a destructive emotion; I know from experience.
Heinlein said a self-confident person is incapable of jealousy for it is invariably a symptom of insecurity.
Good luck and keep us apprised.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 30 Nov, 2013 02:01 pm
Tell her to commit your marriage or pack.

Joe( she has to tell you which one before breakfast)Nation
0 Replies

Mazzz27

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2014 09:29 am
youre acting like she threw her panties off for this guy...just move on and things will get back to normal
0 Replies