Are You More Likely to Shop at Costco Because they Pay/Treat the Employees Well?

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 02:02 pm
My answer: not directly, but I am more wanting to shop there because the employees are always so helpful and happy. I gotta say though that a lot of this positive shopping experience is nullified by the Costco practice of constantly reorganizing the store with the purpose of making things hard to find, so that I need to spend more time in the store and will hopefully buy more.

I boycotted Walmart for a decade on morality grounds, so I do sometimes care about the morality of the merchant, however re employees I as a customer will punish for treating them poorly compared to others, I dont reward for treating employees better than normal market conditions.

What say you?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,005 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 03:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
I won't shop there because of their prices, I get much better deals at Sams Club.
0 Replies

trying2learn

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 03:28 pm
@hawkeye10,
I just hate shopping. So my answer is no.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 04:32 pm
not that better paid employees are always better, Safeway is a union shop but the employees at my store are just barely tolerable, the employees at Winco are nicer.
0 Replies

thecleedus01

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2014 02:32 am
@hawkeye10,
I agree with you and that's why i prefer shopping online.
0 Replies