In Search of... a Pizza Pan and Server Set

jespah

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2024 07:37 pm
My sad story.

We have a 14" round steel set for making pizza. One piece has holes. The other is deeper (for deep dish, I guess) and does not have holes. The former fits into the latter nicely. This was purchased at a supermarket at least 20 years ago. It might even be from another state. Its origin story has been lost in the mists of time.

Here's where the fun begins.

This trusty workhorse is becoming a rusty workhorse. We work around this by using copious amounts of aluminum foil (I should say RP does, as he's the pizza maker around here).

So, I am currently looking at and pricing, a replacement set.

Except... it is a rare commodity, like flannel shirts in a sauna.

Amazon is happy to sell you two pans with holes. Or, two pans without holes. This is all well and good, but I want them to be able to nest because the current set is the size of an aircraft carrier* and takes up a ton of room in our kitchen.

Hence, a set would be best. The fourteen inches is a requirement and there will be no budging in this area.

So, far, this is the closest I have found:
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71vK8h6ZIlL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg
See: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08R9MM7XD/

However, gentle reader, I don't need all the other tchotchkes.

I just want two damn pans, one with holes, one without, that fit together and we (er, RP) can make pizza with them.

Your assistance with this endeavor would be greatly appreciated. Note: I am in no rush. This is more the look-see portion of our program.

Folks who locate the holy grail of pizza-making sets will be treated to images of pizza. They will also be sung about long into the next century.†

Thank you and may the spirits of Italian pizza-making mice and their navy guide you to the holy grail.

* Could be a slight exaggeration, unless you're talking about the all-mouse navy.
† I can only vouch for the next 40 years at most. After that, you'll just have to take my word for it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 36 • Replies: 1
No top replies

hightor

Reply Sun 6 Oct, 2024 05:04 am
@jespah,
Check through these – good luck with your search.
0 Replies