What does he mean??

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 12:02 am
So after work, I called a co-worker and asked him out on a date. He told me that he wanted to talk tomorrow because he preferred face-to-face when talking about these type of things. My question is whether this is a good/bad thing? Like, shouldn't he say yes/no right off the bat? Because I don't know if I can handle a face-front rejection. I mean, shouldn't he just tell me if he's interested or not on the phone? What does talking accomplish? Any feedback will help! Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,803 • Replies: 3
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 07:37 am
@kaylaclaralee,
I think he cannot connect your face to your name and he wants to make sure he is not accepting a date from the weird ugly chick that works in the office. So unless you are the weird ugly chick, I wouldn't worry about it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 10:19 am
@kaylaclaralee,
How well do you know him? Are you sure he knows who you are?

Don't be afraid of resolving this face to face. That's what you should have done in the first place. (asked him in person)

Also, depending on his cultural background, he may have been taken aback when a woman asked him out.

So what if he declines? Say, "Hey, maybe another time." and then walk away with a smile. That's not going to be the worse thing that will ever happen to you.
0 Replies

kaylaclaralee

Reply Wed 27 Nov, 2013 09:42 pm
@kaylaclaralee,
So it turned out he only saw me as a friend. The reason he wanted to tell me face-to-face was because he wanted it to be more personal and give the reasons in person as to why he couldn't take the chance of damaging a friendship. He didn't want to take the chance of hurting one another and in reality, as we talked, I could see that, though we could have some fun together, I'd slowly see him as a friend as well. In the end, I'm not as hurt as I initially thought I'd be over a rejection. I'm more happy that I got to maintain a friendship, maybe a closer one because we were open with each other. I asked him about 'what-if's' in the future, but he smiled and said, "who knows? The future's got a weird way of working." At the moment, I'm happy and all the people I asked about this are kind of surprised with my reaction too! Thanks guys!
0 Replies