Canadians Can Never Piss on American Voters/Politicians Ever Again

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 03:14 am
You crack me up, Whackey--you get two conservative sources and suddenly you're an expert on Toronto politics. Of course, as is usually the case, you don't know **** about the subject. I started a thread on Rob Ford years ago, literally. You just noticed this story, but overnight, you're an expert. What a loon.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 03:24 am
According to the Wikipedia article, Miller defeated John Tory 43% to 38% (with 9% going to former mayor and unofficial NDP candidate Barbara Hall), and he was re-elected by a margin of 57% to 32%--bright boy. Certainly Miller had his problems, but going to his political opposition's media organs for evidence is hardly a balanced approach.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2013 08:48 am
In my opinion, Toronto serves a valuable function to the U.S., in taking the overflow of new immigrants, that cannot immigrate to the U.S.

Similar to the liberal slogan, "spread the wealth around," Canada/Toronto helps the U.S. "spread the immigrants around." For this I thank our northern neighbor.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 04:04 pm
Quote:
Even after admitting to smoking crack cocaine, Toronto Mayor Rob Ford has a higher job approval rating than President Obama, thanks to the commander in chief's disastrous Obamacare website rollout.
A new poll Friday shows Ford still has a secure 42% approval rating among Toronto voters even after his drug scandal — topping Obama's approval rating of 41%

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/rob-ford-posts-42-job-approval-rating-admitting-smoking-crack-cocaine-article-1.1526133#ixzz2lbRj8BkC

wait, Ford was just stripped of almost all of his power, should we strip Obama? Seriously, did the city counsel make a political mistake by going after a still somewhat popular mayor?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 06:14 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
Seriously, did the city counsel make a political mistake by going after a still somewhat popular mayor?

nope

we need this city to start working again

he's made a mess of things and cost us a lot of money
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 24 Nov, 2013 06:34 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
we need this city to start working again
americans feel your pain on that one, as our cities are pretty much neglected messes, but I am seeing almost universal opinion that Toronto has been a big mess for a long time. I am rooting for you though, I very much loved the city during my three day visit in 77.
0 Replies