Public School Pathologies...

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 04:23 am
http://www.wate.com/story/24005228/cumberland-county-parent-releases-video-of-his-arrest-by-a-school-resource-officer

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2414360/pg1

http://gawker.com/mom-gives-kids-homemade-lunch-school-forces-them-to-ea-1466822586/@neetzanz

Pretty sad.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,795 • Replies: 20
No top replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 05:14 am
@gungasnake,
Canadia is a scary place.

Some of its citizens have told me that liberty
is not a consideration there -- not a free country; "good government" is (allegedly) the operative criterion instead.

David
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 06:05 am
@OmSigDAVID,
I feel safer in Montreal than in NYC. People wre mostly nice (the Francophyles are usually assholes) but theyre not scary little douche bags with guns .

I beseech you "Stay in Fla Dave, theres lots like you down there".
and you can shoot each other with impunity. FLorida is a really scary place.
woiyo

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 08:01 am
@gungasnake,
Amazing. Pretty sad when "The State" over rules a parent. This type of behavior by the schools only reinforces the fact that "Those who can not do,...teach".
gungasnake

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 08:24 am
http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2414392/pg4

Quote:
I'm a member of a school board, and I'm telling you, if it is within your power, either send your children to private school or home school them...

You don't want most of these people in charge of your children...they're idiots.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 08:25 am
They actually WANT these long lines of SUVs and light trucks waiting to pick up kids after school...
gungasnake

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 08:28 am
@woiyo,
Quote:
Amazing. Pretty sad when "The State" over rules a parent. This type of behavior by the schools only reinforces the fact that "Those who can not do,...teach".

They could get rid of at least some of that one by insisting that somebody who teaches math have a degree in math and not education (with 20 hours of math courses), and same for all other high school subjects.....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 08:31 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
I feel safer in Montreal than in NYC. People wre mostly nice (the Francophyles are usually assholes) but theyre not scary little douche bags with guns .

I wouldn't feel terribly safe about being in a school system which doomed me to being a fat little rolly-polly for however long I lived prior to the heart attack.....

In 1955, an overweight child was a hell of a rare thing in America and I'd guess the same would have held true in Canada.
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 08:39 am
@gungasnake,
Ill bet theres waaay more to your opening story than the article lets on.
We have all those similar "guidelines" in ou schools where most kids MUST buy their lunches at the school and we count KETCHUP as a vegetable
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 09:07 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I feel safer in Montreal than in NYC. People wre mostly nice (the Francophyles are usually assholes)
but theyre not scary little douche bags with guns .

I beseech you "Stay in Fla Dave, theres lots like you down there".
and you can shoot each other with impunity. FLorida is a really scary place.
Yeah, authoritarians like u shud love Canadia and North Korea.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 09:09 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

They actually WANT these long lines of SUVs and light trucks waiting to pick up kids after school...
For what reason ??
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 09:23 am
@OmSigDAVID,
when you get your head out of your ass, Ill bet your worldview will change remarkeably
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 10:11 am
@gungasnake,
It sure is.

There are three schools in the United States and Canada, and every single one of them has done something stupid.

What is the world coming to?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 10:21 am
Considering the alternative, I will keep my kids in public school.

http://i.imgur.com/TYpLJpO.jpg
RABEL222

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 05:15 pm
@maxdancona,
OK! Now I know where David and OM Sig were educated.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 01:21 am
@RABEL222,
FOOL: What did I ever post about vertebrate paleontology
or the age of the Earth??

David
RABEL222

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:17 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Sorry David. I meant to say David and Gunga.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:23 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:
Sorry David. I meant to say David and Gunga.
MY posted views on the subject matter
have always been fully paradigmatic.

David
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 08:32 am
Dinosaur bones should not raiocarbon-date:

http://youtu.be/zvWdWbLcJvQ

No time for evolution:

http://www.newgeology.us/NoTime4Evolution.pdf
farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Nov, 2013 02:39 pm
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Dinosaur bones should not raiocarbon-date:

Youre right for once. Thse samples were bogus because it was a bioapatite segment from silica rock. I suspect some real hokey pokey in the QA dept . U of Ga did keep their lab process correct and they noted that ALL the samples were bioapatite.
Fo a fossil out pf the HEll Creek or the Morrison (both formations where Ive worked) the bones are strictly silicified so anyCO3 in the apatite fraction was probably of much more recent deposition. NOTICE that theres no friggin article in NATURE ABOUT THIS. If these were actual numbers, fully QA'd, run in multiplicates, and chains of custody intact with a paleontological report and date of the sediment surrounding, I think wed see the bogosity of this crap.

The Creationists have been doing this underhanded **** for years
1faked footprints in the Paluxey shale

2"Seeded" very recent volcanic ashes 9(inserted older zircons nto "reset" zircons from Mt ST Helens

We get to see these fake science experiments a few years after they get reported by popular press, and then, everybody who isn't a scientist is just confused

THERE ARE NO 22-35 K year dinosaur bones with viable C14 that is autochthanous to the bone. THAT IS JUST CREATIONIST BULLSHIT.

YOU ALWAYS do the K/Ar of the zircons in the sediments from the nearest overlying and underlying ash beds conformably near where the fossils are found