Abnormal Pain and/or Bleeding

NEBarb

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 07:35 pm
I got my period when I was 9, just a month away from being 10 yrs old. I'm now 18. My period regulated years ago, needless to say. I've always had heavy periods. When I started wearing tampons, (12 or 13 y/o) I had to use super plus the first day or two. Starting a month or so ago, I've had terrible abdominal pain. Again, I've always had terrible cramps, but I've never been bed ridden. I would just take a couple ibuprofen throughout the day. Nowadays, taking 3 ibuprofen doesn't even do a thing. My pain, abdominal and back, is unreal, the bleeding is much heavier than usual (I've almost been going through a small box of super plus tampons in just 2 1/2 days), and have a family history of non malignant uterine fibroids. Not sure if the family history is relevant to what is going on right now or not, but who knows. Also, never been to a gynecologist. If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,444 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 07:50 pm
@NEBarb,
Go see a doctor.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 07:51 pm
@NEBarb,
You need to see a gynecologist. I had very heavy bleeding once (for a year or two, and I turned out to be wildly anemic from a small but heavily bleeding fibroid, with close to no iron stores left. This kind of thing can be very serious. In my case, a quick surgery was easy, but that will depend.

Let us know.
0 Replies

NEBarb

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 08:18 pm
Okay, thank you. I have an appointment Wednesday to be seen. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being dramatic about it. I'd hate to waste the time and money if it were unnecessary.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 18 Nov, 2013 08:23 pm
@NEBarb,
I'm famous to myself for bleeding in a world renown place and not being able to find a bathroom. I also nearly fainted driving on the freeway, not knowing what was going on. Maybe this is not your problem, but I'm glad you are getting it checked out.

0 Replies

dr rajesh

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2013 08:07 am
@NEBarb,
you must consult gyne specilist
0 Replies