Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 03:46 pm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 802 • Replies: 5
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 04:02 pm
I had read about this earlier - and I hope the research and practice get better fast! Knee problems take a real toll - I know cos I have 'em!!!

DON'T use a motorized treadmill with the incline set to steep lots and lots and lots and lots folks - and have to run up and down really badly designed stairs (very big risers) all day at work for fifteen years.

The extent of the surgery needed now is a worry, with so many multi-resistant bugs growing.

I was listening to the horror stories of a friend currently working in a hospital yesterday.....
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 04:44 pm
Dlowan
Dlowan, its too late for me as my right knee was replaced in 1980 before much of the new medical procedures were available. But I hope it is not too late for my son, who has had three knee surgeries trying to save his joints long enough for medical advancement to save his knees from replacement. He's too young at age 48 and the doctors don't like to do replacements so young.

BBB
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 04:55 pm
No!

How has your replacement gone? Ethelred the Unready had nightmares with hers...
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 05:10 pm
Dlowan
Dlowan, if the surgeon had done my knee replacement correctly, I probably wouldn't have had the problems I was left with. The operation was botched and I've learned to live with it. I was told in 1980 that I could expect my prothesis to last no longer than 10 years because the adhesive usually fails and then it would have to be replaced.

But other surgeons have told me that a replacement was probably not possible for me and that amputation might be the final outcome. So I've kept it going for 24 years by being very careful and being lucky, I guess. My doctors are amazed by this. Life hasn't been easy but I manage. I guess that's why I'm a bumble bee.

BBB
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 05:15 pm
Yikes!

I hope techniques improve enough to help you!!!
0 Replies