Scientific studies: Religious people are less intelligent than atheists

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 06:43 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

Quote:
I have never said anything of the sort...but I can see that the only way you can find peace with yourself is to pretend that I did.

So have a blast. No skin off my nose.

And no switching on my part.

You are a joy, Jimmy. I love ya, Buddy.

Denial at its finest.

I'm sorry. I only like the girls.

One...you are the one in denial, because I never said what you claim I said. And that is probably why you have never even tried to find a quote to fit your straw man.

Two...I am sure you only like girls. I much prefer women.
spendius

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 06:48 am
@Frank Apisa,
Allusion to the "great lover" syndrome again and at the grand old age of 77 too.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:29 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
One...you are the one in denial, because I never said what you claim I said. And that is probably why you have never even tried to find a quote to fit your straw man

You've inferred it throughout the convo.

I'm sorry. I always forget you're a dinosaur.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:34 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

Quote:
One...you are the one in denial, because I never said what you claim I said. And that is probably why you have never even tried to find a quote to fit your straw man

You've inferred it throughout the convo.

I'm sorry. I always forget you're a dinosaur.

Not only have I not said it (which was your original position)...I have not inferred it in any way (the new strategy!).

Apparently you have trouble understanding the English language.

But that's what comes from trying to swim in the deep end of the pool before dealing successfully with the shallow end.
JimmyJ

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:40 am
@Frank Apisa,
Apparently you have trouble admitting when you're wrong.

Stubborn old people these days....

I hope you don't behave this way with your kin. They might throw you in a retirement home.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 10:49 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

Apparently you have trouble admitting when you're wrong.

Stubborn old people these days....

I hope you don't behave this way with your kin. They might throw you in a retirement home.

I have no trouble acknowledging when I am wrong. But you do seem to have that problem.

Actually, you having that problem is a source of entertainment...so continue having it.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:07 am
Quote:
JimmyJ observed: Stubborn old people these days....

I'm 65 myself mate and was therefore luckily enough to go to school in the 1950's/60's where we were taught that everything is clear cut black and white, so i grew up with a mind as sharp as a razor.
Sadly, later generations have been taught by the pol-corect education system and lefty pinko teachers that everything is NOT black and white, and that there are always 'grey areas' and 'alternative points of view' that must be considered, and as a result kids today grow up to be semi-neurotic and unsure of themselves.
John Cleese hit the nail when he said- "As I've got older I've come to realise nobody knows what they're talking about!"

John Wayne too was a clear thinker- "If anybody tells me something ain't a clear cut black and white issue, I say Why the hell not?"

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/wayne3b.jpg
JimmyJ

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:15 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I have no trouble acknowledging when I am wrong. But you do seem to have that problem.

Actually, you having that problem is a source of entertainment...so continue having it.

It's been noted by many here, including me, that you do have that problem.
JimmyJ

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:17 am
@Romeo Fabulini,

I don't think many thinkers would agree with you on everything being "clear cut". Trying to avoid the complexities of the world does not show that you are a "thinker". It just shows that you are lazy.

Your post just now explained a lot of your religious beliefs lol
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:34 am
@JimmyJ,
JimmyJ wrote:

Quote:

It's been noted by many here, including me, that you do have that problem.

Has it?

I can give links to me acknowledging something wrong.

Can you?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:35 am
Quote:
JimmyJ said: @RF- I don't think many thinkers would agree with you on everything being "clear cut"

I don't give a rat's ass what "thinkers" think mate, they couldn't think their way out of a paper bag..Wink
For example just look at the terrible state the world's in because of the incompetence of politicians, most of whom are well-educated "thinkers".
They KNOW they're dumb shits which is why they force kids to go to school to be taught the lies that politicians are clever wise people and that the rest of us will never be as bright as them.

Christianity is onto their little game which is why the Establishment hates Christianity-
Jesus said:- "The world wants you to dance to its tune..God has sent me to release the oppressed" (Matt 11:16/17, Luke 4:18 )
Paul said- "Don't conform to the pattern of this world...For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil" (Rom 12:2, Eph 6:12).

Jesus said-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesu-pash.png~original
JimmyJ

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:42 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
The establishment hates christianity? Where do you get your facts from. All politicians are Christian or Jewish (you can look this up if you like). This isn't the place to discuss politics, but I'd prefer our current system over what it would be if you were at the helm, lol. I'd rather have Rick Santorum than you. I'd rather have Vermin Supreme than you. Daffy Duck would probably be better at running a nation than you. That's how incompetent you have shown to be in the couple threads I've encountered you on.

Do you make things up as you go along or does someone feed you the bs you're pedaling?
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:53 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d_FvgQ1csE
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 11:53 am
Quote:
JimmyJ said: @RF- Daffy Duck would probably be better at running a nation than you

Daffy Duck is ALREADY in charge under different names such as Obama, Cameron, Putin, that pudgy kid who runs N.Korea etc..Smile
If I was World Ruler I'd soon set things straight and bring in new laws like-
Women's hair should be long and natural, never close-cropped
Women must always wear stylish high heels
TV stations must broadcast nonstop scifi 24/7
Sarah Palin would be my Secretary of Defense and secret lover
Kids would be encouraged to hang out in malls instead of schools
A statue of George Zimmerman would be erected in every town and city
etc etc
JimmyJ

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 12:41 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
If you were a ruler we'd be doomed.
neologist

Reply Sun 22 Dec, 2013 08:03 pm
@JimmyJ,
Finally, a place for agreement.
anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 06:30 pm
@neologist,
I am thinking.
anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:09 pm
@anonymously99,
I feel I may become well hated after posting on?, to this thread.
anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:17 pm
@anonymously99,
Timur's words: ((From a cited article))
According to the study entitled, 'The Relation Between Intelligence and Religiosity: A Meta-Analysis and Some Proposed Explanations', published in the 'Personality and Social Psychology Review', even during early years the more intelligent a child is the more likely it would be to turn away from religion.

anonymously99's words:
This makes sense to me.
anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:20 pm
@anonymously99,
Romeo Fabulini's words:
Just look around and use your eyes and ears mate, and google around too!
Christians are happier, so that automatically makes them more intelligent..

anonymously99's words:
I object.