Scientific studies: Religious people are less intelligent than atheists

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 12:06 pm
Quote:
Anonymously profile excerpt: must admit my never ending desire to have sxx. an old addiction.

Better join the Mormons mate, you've certainly got what it takes..Smile

Joseph "Dirty Harry" Smith who founded the mormons had at least 35 wives.
He carried a gun and I often wonder whether he used to drum up new members for the mormons by firing shots into peoples front gardens, then wave his gun in their faces when they came out and say "I know what you're thinking punk, did he fire all six or has he got one left.. now sign up on the dotted line and make my day.."
He was later killed in a shootout with the authorities, killing two of them in the process.
The rest of the mormons fled to Salt Lake City, led by Brigham "Sperm Dispenser" Young who had at least 55 wives.
Incidentally Smith was a dead ringer for Elvis, i bet his wives found his pelvis irresistible-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/JSmith.jpg
http://www.comevisit.com/lds/js3photo.htm
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 12:37 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
1- JW's sat out WW2, so Yamamoto and Hitler would soon have been sipping tea together in the White House if all Americans had been JW's..Smile
There were a few Japanese and German JWs, many died rather than shoot your sorry @$$
Romeo wrote:
Jesus often spoke of heaven and hell but JW's argue with him and say they don't exist, so where do JW's think they'll go?
Jesus spoke of heaven, hades, and gehenna. Explain what those mean.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 02:38 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
would your jesus and his friends have taken up arms? I'm pretty sure in all situations, you christiano's are sposed to ask WWJCD? But then his teachings are out of date now no?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 03:23 pm
Quote:
Calamity Dal said: would your jesus and his friends have taken up arms? I'm pretty sure in all situations, you christiano's are sposed to ask WWJCD? But then his teachings are out of date now no?

When they came to arrest Jesus, Peter whipped out his sword and whacked the high priests flunky across the head with it, slicing off his ear..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/peter-with-sword_zps1cd1ddcb.jpg~original
Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 03:28 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
and jesus said....
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 03:37 pm
Quote:
Romeo proclaimed: Jesus often spoke of heaven and hell but JW's argue with him and say they don't exist, so where do JW's think they'll go?
Neologist replied: Jesus spoke of heaven, hades, and gehenna. Explain what those mean.

Any kid will tell you that heaven is like a big wonderful Disneyworld in the sky, and hell is the naughty step..Smile
Gehenna is just an ancient Hebrew name for hell.
You said in the 'Atheism' thread on 31 Oct 2013-
"For what its worth, I am in essential agreement with these lyrics:
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky"

so i ask you again- exactly what happens to JW's when they die, and where do they go?
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 03:45 pm
Quote:
Calamity wrote-and jesus said....

Yes we know Jesus told Peter off for whacking the flunky and told him to sheath his sword, but the fact remains he allowed him to carry it in the first place, probably as a deterrent to muggers on their travels..Smile
Here's a view from another surveillance camera which captures the instant the ear flew off-
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/Giotto_St_Peter_zps7c2f5c04.jpg~original
Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 03:59 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Does your christ also think it acceptable to kill your brother in faith so long as it is an act of war?
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 04:11 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
how about repay evil for evil to no man? this principle was endorsed by your peter, and historically all romans who became christian, left the army. In the early congregations, your christians did not take up arms.

At what point did your christian leaders decide that your Peter was wrong?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 05:00 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: Does your christ also think it acceptable to kill your brother in faith so long as it is an act of war?

If somebody starts a war you have to decide whether to defend yourself or not.
For example before i was born Hitler bombed my 18-year old mother in a Luftwaffe night raid on Leicester England in 1940, she and her family survived but others didn't.
He carried on bombing British cities for the next 5 years and even launched flying bombs and rockets, so we had to do D-Day to go over there to stop him.
Same with 9/11, muslim terrorists murdered 3000 people so US troops had to go to the mideast to attack the terror training camps and get Bin Laden..Smile

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/lib2.jpg
neologist

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 05:01 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo wrote:
When they came to arrest Jesus, Peter whipped out his sword and whacked the high priests flunky across the head with it, slicing off his ear..Smile
So Jesus said that was ok, right?

Oh!?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 05:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Of course, the reason I was in essential agreement was we both observed the moral degeneration of religion.

As far as the word gehenna is concerned, it refers to the valley of hinnom, a detestable place where infant sacrifices were once held and where, in Jesus' time sulfurous fires burned continuously to consume garbage, dead animals, even criminals. Thus the fire meant eternal destruction and the worm truly never dies.
I hope that, when I die, I will remain in Jehovah's memory until he sees to resurrect me to eartly life. There are a small number of JWs who expect to share in Jesus' rule in the heavens
You truly have no idea, do you?
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 05:56 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
So your jesus teaches that war is necessary, and those that object to your wars are unchristian?

Does your god bless your war?
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 06:11 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
From where I sit, If everyone in the world was of your faith, wars would still exist. If everyone in the world was of the Neologist sect, wars would be history.

As your Jesus looks down from his lofty seat, which faction do you think he would favor?
spendius

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 06:20 pm
@Calamity Dal,
Romeo's of course. Jesus was an evolutionist.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 07:48 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: I hope that, when I die, I will remain in Jehovah's memory until he sees to resurrect me to eartly life. There are a small number of JWs who expect to share in Jesus' rule in the heavens

You're obviously in a grouchy mood mate because everybody else is celebrating Christmas, but you JW's don't believe in celebrating it and your houses are therefore bleak and joyless-

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 07:57 pm
Quote:
Calamity said: From where I sit, If everyone in the world was of your faith, wars would still exist

Not necessarily! Like I said, everybody must make his own personal choice whether to fight in a war. For example I'd only fight in a war if i thought it was the right thing to do depending on where it is, who we're fighting and so on..Smile
Incidentally I don't vote for the 3 main British parties because they're keeping our troops in the mideast which I don't agree with, so I only vote for the parties that are pledged to bring them home NOW.
Whenever I see a Brit soldier on TV coming home in a coffin i can think to myself "That's nothing to do with me, I never voted for the parties that sent him to a war zone"
PS- Did any of you Americans vote for Obama? He's keeping US troops in the mideast, so if you voted for him you must agree with what he's doing?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 08:01 pm
Quote:
Spendius said: Jesus was an evolutionist

Right mate..Smile

"Sorry kiddo, you're on the way out"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub3/jes-dino.jpg
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:26 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
I wrote:
I hope that, when I die, I will remain in Jehovah's memory until he sees to resurrect me to eartly life. There are a small number of JWs who expect to share in Jesus' rule in the heavens
Romeo wrote:
You're obviously in a grouchy mood mate because everybody else is celebrating Christmas, but you JW's don't believe in celebrating it and your houses are therefore bleak and joyless-
My family and I are spending winter break at a resort on the Washington coast. When we were done beachcombing today, the boys and I swam for about 2 hours while my wife and oldest daughter whipped up a dandy feast. We'll find something just as much fun tomorrow and the next day, etc. I don't think we can run out of games and movies, but we will try. What will you be doing, Mr. Grinch?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:48 pm
Quote:
Neologist said: .. the boys and I swam for about 2 hours while my wife and oldest daughter whipped up a dandy feast..

Swimming in the icy sea in December? Rather you than me mate!
I shall spend Christmas/New Year alone as usual and wouldn't have it any other way; my youngest niece invited me over to their place for Boxing Day but I made some excuse not to go, so i'll be surfing the net and watching films and vids on TV, there's bound to be something worth watching amongst all the festive rubbish, i've already put this promising youtube vid in my "Watch Later" list-