Scientific studies: Religious people are less intelligent than atheists

anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:37 pm
@anonymously99,
Romeo Fabulini's words:
CHRISTIANS HAPPIER THAN ATHEISTS- on Twitter
"The study conducted at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign tapped Twitter as a research tool and compared the messages of Christians and atheists.
Two doctoral students in social psychology and an adviser analyzed the casual language of nearly 2 million tweets from more than 16,000 active users to come up with their findings, which were published in Social Psychological and Personality Science.
The conclusion: believers are happier than their counterparts.
Researchers found that Christians tweet with higher frequency words reflecting positive emotions, social relationships and an intuitive style of thinking – the sort that’s gut-driven.
An analytical thinker (atheist) is more likely to be skeptical or critical..analytical thinking may "diminish the capacity for optimism and positive self-illusions that typify good mental health"

anonymously99's words:
I personally know more than one entire small town consisting of critical people who claim to be christian, believers, "good people", loving people, forgiving people, "happy people", etc etc. And I'm guessing they claim to be either intelligent, or very intelligent because majority possibly each feel they are better than other people. Simply because that's how it is with these people. They feeling they being much more intelligent than you so they have nothing to do with you. Judgmental, critical, unacceptable, else more people they are. Here's me admitting yeah I guess or maybe you could say I've no friends or family willing to claim me. 
They refuse knowledge. They obviously don't feel people change, that people do mature, "grow up" in other words, etc. I never started understanding myself at least I don't feel I ever wanted to start understanding myself until I started attending classes at a college. For some reason I felt afraid. to find or understand myself.  But then I quit attending because I felt I was losing my mind. I'm an idiot yes? Still trying to find myself.
I personally am starting to think I am an idiot for sharing my words but why would anyone care. I'm not a threatening individual.
anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:42 pm
@anonymously99,
Romeo Fabulini's words:
In the same article Timur provided, it says-
"Earlier this year, however, the U.S.-based National Center for Biotechnology Information released a study done at the University of Saskatchewan that found a 22 per cent lower risk of depression for monthly church attendees"
So like I said, we can simply look around with our own eyes and ears, and see that most atheists are jumpy, irritable and uptight, whereas most christians are kool, calm, fearless, goodnatured and unflappable..
"My Christian faith has been such a backbone through so many difficult times. For me Christianity is about being strengthened"- Bear Grylls 

anonymously99's words:
Don't you think meditation is just as good?
anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:46 pm
@anonymously99,
rosborne's words:
How many atheists do you actually know?

anonymously99's words:
I thought you weren't supposed to reveal who claimed they are atheist or not?
anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:49 pm
@anonymously99,
Romeo Fabulini  
1 REPLYREPORTSun 24 Nov, 2013 06:23 pm
Quote:
Rosborne said: How many atheists do you actually know?They're everywhere, just look around..
Real Christians (as opposed to the phoney ones) have mind-melded with Jesus and have become part-Jesus themselves just like he said-"I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you" (John 14:20)and they take on his personality traits.
However, atheists haven't got him inside them, therefore allowing all sorts of spiritual pollution to get in-Jesus said- "When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, 'I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there."- (Matt 12:43-45) and the victim takes on the nasty traits of whatever personal demons are in their heads, and we can hear them speaking through their victims mouths.

anonymously99's words:
I must have a demon in me.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 08:58 pm
Quote:
JimmyJ said: @RF- If you were a ruler we'd be doomed.
Neologist said: Finally, a place for agreement

Well let's just imagine a world where Jehovah's Witnesses like Neologist were in charge-
1- People would be dying left right and centre because JW's would ban blood transfusions.
2- All church spires would be torn down because JW's think they're pagan.
3- Crosses and crucifixes would be banned because JW's think Jesus was crucified on a stake.
4- Christmas, Easter and birthdays would be banned because JW's think they're pagan
5- Nobody would fight in a war because JW's don't believe in fighting
6- Saluting the flag would be banned because JW's don't believe in it
7- All bibles would be burnt and replaced by the JW's own 'New World Translation' of the bible, and schoolkids would be taught doctrines like there's no heaven or hell etc.

If JW's ever take over i think i'd emigrate to Mars or somewhere..Smile
Calamity Dal

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:09 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
5- Nobody would fight in a war because JW's don't believe in fighting

Yeah, world peace would suck

Quote:
schoolkids would be taught doctrines like there's no heaven or hell etc.

Without fear of hell, all the kids would be listening to hippity hop and wearing caps backwards. the world would be a terrible place.

They might be an odd sect but Im pretty sure they believe in heaven.

How would your world differ then Romeo, whats your manifesto?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:14 pm
Quote:
Anonymous said: I personally know more than one entire small town consisting of critical people who claim to be christian, believers, They feeling they being much more intelligent than you so they have nothing to do with you.

Yep I'm like that..Smile
I mean, I'm cool, relaxed, goodnatured and nothing bothers me, so why on earth would I want to mix with jumpy irritable pain-in-the-ass atheists?..Smile
Look here are two Christians, note the calm, confident look in their eyes and the supremely self-assured body language, these are my kind of people..Smile

"My Christian faith has been such a backbone through so many difficult times. For me Christianity is about being strengthened" (Bear Grylls)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub4/b-grrylls.gif

"God makes His reality so obvious to us in His creation and in the little mini-miracles that happen everyday" (Becky St James)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/chr-wom2_zps63f73397.jpg~original

And here's Kirk doing an atheist impression..Wink

0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:20 pm
@anonymously99,
Nom de plume's words:
Intelligence is measured in many ways. It is difficult to quantify how smart someone is based only upon their belief system. Just because someone does not agree with you doesn't mean you are smarter then they. It's just your ego trying to justify itself. You might be better at investing than they are, but perhaps they are a better surgeon than you. Whose to say which is "smarter"?

anonymously99's words:
I am definitely the dumbest one here.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:26 pm
Quote:
Anonymous said: Don't you think meditation is just as good?
.....I must have a demon in me.

1- As I understand it, meditation involves emptying your mind of everything.
Problem with that is that demons might decide to get in and squat.
Prayer is a form of meditation, except that the person is not emptying his mind, he's tapping into 'The Force' (aka 'God') in order to get a power download.
You can see it in Gryll's and Becky's eyes..Smile

2- We're ALL under demonic oppression every waking moment, even Christians, but generally speaking Satan's grip on atheists is far stronger.
My own personal demons are stubbornness and outspokenness, I was far worse in my younger days but I've mellowed a bit now, and I rule my demons rather than let them rule me..Smile
0 Replies

anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:30 pm
@anonymously99,
Jpsy's words:
OH MY FREAKING GOD. Please read my other comments.

anonymously99's words:
This man said the "g" word.
anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:46 pm
@anonymously99,
Words of spendius:
A profile means nothing Romeo. They are generally rose-coloured twaddle. I've learned nothing from yours. Plenty from your posts. And my profile is not blank. It says a lot more about me than yours does about you. Who cares how old you are? Everybody who reads my posts know how old I am. They know where I come from too. They know what I do and my interests are obvious.

anonymously99's words:
I thought profiles did mean something? Should I "blank" mine as well?
anonymously99

Reply Mon 23 Dec, 2013 09:48 pm
@anonymously99,
I was not serious about the "g" word. If anyone did take me seriously then in that case I'm thinking to myself, what the f**k is wrong with you. Not meaning to come across in a negative way.
0 Replies

JimmyJ

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 12:31 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
7- All bibles would be burnt and replaced by the JW's own 'New World Translation' of the bible, and schoolkids would be taught doctrines like there's no heaven or hell etc.

You are the textbook definition of idiot.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 12:46 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
. . .5- Nobody would fight in a war because JW's don't believe in fighting
And that is bad, because??
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
7- All bibles would be burnt and replaced by the JW's own 'New World Translation' of the bible,
Not gonna happen. We use any Bible.
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
and schoolkids would be taught doctrines like there's no heaven or hell etc.
When you're dead you're dead. So no hell. No baking, broiling, frying or boiling. That would be bad, because??
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 12:51 am
Somebody whose name will not be mentioned wrote:
i grew up with a mind as sharp as a razor.
Just because your head is pointed does not mean you are sharp.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:27 am
Quote:
Romeo said:
If JW's were in charge nobody would fight in a war because JW's don't believe in fighting...
schoolkids would be taught JW doctrines like there's no heaven or hell etc...
I grew up with a mind as sharp as a razor...

Neologist replied:
[Re no fighting wars] And that is bad?...
When you're dead you're dead. So no hell. No baking, broiling, frying or boiling....

1- JW's sat out WW2, so Yamamoto and Hitler would soon have been sipping tea together in the White House if all Americans had been JW's..Smile
2- Jesus often spoke of heaven and hell but JW's argue with him and say they don't exist, so where do JW's think they'll go?
3- God warned ancient people not to eat animal blood, I'm sharp enough to know that doesn't refer to human blood transfusions..Smile
Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:45 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Romeo said:
If JW's were in charge nobody would fight in a war because JW's don't believe in fighting...
schoolkids would be taught JW doctrines like there's no heaven or hell etc...
I grew up with a mind as sharp as a razor...

Neologist replied:
[Re no fighting wars] And that is bad?...
When you're dead you're dead. So no hell. No baking, broiling, frying or boiling....

1- JW's sat out WW2, so Yamamoto and Hitler would soon have been sipping tea together in the White House if all Americans had been JW's..Smile
2- Jesus often spoke of heaven and hell but JW's argue with him and say they don't exist, so where do JW's think they'll go?
3- God warned ancient people not to eat animal blood, I'm sharp enough to know that doesn't refer to human blood transfusions..Smile

Not the most Christian sounding post...which seems especially inappropriate since it is Christmas Eve.

Calm down. Neo has his "beliefs"...you have yours. The world is large enough for both.

Peace!
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 09:59 am
Quote:
Anonymously profile: Have an interest in witchcraft

Good for you mate, can you concoct a spell to make me funny?
On second thoughts some other posters here need it more than me..Smile
Incidentally I've been penpalling with a witch for 16 years and we get on great, I haven't had the urge to burn her at the stake yet..Smile
Mind you there are some nasty witches around; one once said in a chatroom that she was invoking the egyptian goddess Sekhmet to come and get me.
I put the kettle on but she never turned up, hey guys don't you just hate getting stood up by goddesses?
I saw this pic of her later so perhaps it was for the best because I wouldn't have known whether to tickle her chin or offer her a saucer of milk-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sekhmet.gif
JimmyJ

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:35 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
I'm beginning to think Reomeo Fabulini is just the biggest troll known to man.

Nobody can possibly believe as he does. He's fooling us all.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 24 Dec, 2013 11:39 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Calm down.

It's like a bloody dog barking. If we all calmed down A2K's a dead duck.
0 Replies