Does he love me? Or do I have to just move on?

CeceGa

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 04:28 pm
I’ve been dating this guy for almost a year now. You would probably think we would call ourselves a couple, but we don’t. We’ve almost had no fights, or discussions, and it feels like the perfect relationship. After three months of dating, I asked him where we were in our relationship, what he felt for me etc. but it ended up with him telling me he had a hard time loving me. So we ended it. For two months we didn’t talk, until he came crawling back again, and after that we’ve met every weekend(we live in different cities), and I never took up the «feelings» talk, afraid that he would get scared and run away again. But now I’m tired. People are constantly asking us if we’re together, and he still can’t say yes! So I finally had the talk with him, and I was shocked; the reason he doesn’t feel like being in a relationship with me yet, is because he wants to be proud of his girlfriend, not embaressed as he is of me. For over a year ago, before I even met this guy, I was fooling around on parties etc. Being drunk and wanting to have fun(who can blame me?) I did some stuff with one of his best buddies, and one of my own buddies(which is now one of my closest friends) and the guy found out about it, because I told him. This is of course a while later, since we didn’t know each other at that time. Now he tells me that he doesn’t trust me, and that he is embaressed because I fooled around with his best buddy, and that it annoys him that I’m still friends with the other guy. I’ve told him that he’s the only one, and that I really regret what I did, but that is something I can’t to ANYTHING about. It is in the past, and I would never do it again. I was drunk and stupid. So after we had talked, it ended with that he would take a break (thinking-period) and after a week or so, he would have decided if we should go further on or just end it. But when I came home and got to talk with my friends and family about it, I understood that it was no way that he could suddenly fall in love with me in one week, and that it has gone a whole year, without him changing. So I sent him a text message, telling him I didn’t see the point in him giving me expectations a whole week, and then dump me, and that we rather could get overwith via text message(I wasn’t able to call him, because I was crying and afraid I would forget all what i wanted to say to him on the phone). But still he didn’t want me to «leave» him. He said he wanted to meet me, and not take it on the phone.. So I said Ok, nights. He answered «I love you, nights». He have never ever said that he loves me before, so now I’m SO CONFUSED. I’m depressed all the time because I don’t get what he really wants. Therefore my questions is; should I just get over him and move on? Or give him a chance even though he is still unsure about us? It does seem like he has a lot of problems showing and talking about feelings..
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,532 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 04:51 pm
@CeceGa,
Sounds to me like you're so busy hanging on his every word that you're not stopping and realizing just how manipulative this behavior is.

There are no set timetables for relationships, but being together for a year generally means you're, well, together. It's a significant length of time.

As for him being unable to forgive you for stuff you did a long time ago (and it was before you were dating or at least before you were seriously dating, and not, like, last week, yes?) is pretty damned disingenuous on his part. See, he gets to lord it over you and pretend that this is important and it's the barrier to him admitting that he cares, etc. Cry me a river.

He's being ridiculous.

This is who you are, and you are an imperfect person and he can see another imperfect person every time he walks by a mirror.

I think he's hunting for reasons to not commit.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 05:18 pm
@CeceGa,
Move on.

Why would you even consider being with some-one who has told you that he is embarrassed by you?

What you did was in the past, and none of his business. Has he never done anything stupid?

He's using your past as an excuse not to commit.
CPAT30

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2013 07:13 pm
@cherrie,
Sorry that your confused but he wants you that way. This guy has no intention of ever commiting in anyway to you. You deserve someone who WANTS you with all your faults. Some one who is proud tp be with you. Right now your just a convience. MOVE ON
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 12:13 am
@CeceGa,
Quote:
Does he love me? Or do I have to just move on?
It is IMPOSSIBLE for any of us to know whether he loves.
Only a competent telepath can know that, or the guy himself.

David
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2013 06:43 am
This guy is NEVER going to get over your "indiscretion" so realize that he will bring this up every time you quarrel.

Move on - and stop trying to discuss important issues by text. Both of you need to grow up, IMHO.
0 Replies