How to tell my boyfriend to work our problems out?

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:16 pm
my boyfriend and i are having problems and now we decided to have a time out because he said he have to do things on his own and he doesn't want to drag me down with his problems. But i realise that i wanted to be with him and work things out together without having a time out. what should i do?? what should i tell him to convince him to get back together? please help me.

Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,693 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:29 pm
My dear.
If he suggested a break, he wants a break.

You don't want to "beg him back". He was Probably "letting you down easy", which was nice of him.

You want someone who values you, and chooses to be with you. Would you really want this other guy back if you 'had to convince' him?

Maybe initially, honey, but then you'd feel awful, and he's either cheat on you, or ultimately break off again.

What to do, is move on with your wonderful life.

Best wishes!!!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:31 pm
(Sofia, so nice to see you're back! You give such excellent advice in a very sensitive manner.)
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:47 pm
I wonder if that was sensitive...?
Sometimes, that is not my best quality....

kelly--
If that sounded like I didn't care about your feelings, I'm sincerely sorry.

Yep. Reading back, I mistakenly thought you said he wanted a break. (A boo-boo)

Ignore what I said.

Thanks, Olga. That was funny.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:48 pm
<not my best work, here>
<exaggerated frown>
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:50 pm
Sofia

I wasn't trying to be funny! Smile
I had the same thoughts as you in response to the question, but couldn't figure out a gentle way to say it. I like your honesty & that was very good advice.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 06:58 pm
Oh, thank goodness!!
Cause I thought if you were being sarcastic about my sensitivity, you may also not be glad to see me...and that just wouldn't do!

<silly smile>
0 Replies

kelly0403

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:20 pm
actually i told him it's over but then i just said it out of anger that's why we had a talk and then we decided the time off.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:30 pm
Kelly--

If you are threatening break up in anger--without really meaning Break Up--the two of you do have issues to work out.

Right now you want to be with him to help him. He wants to be by himself to work out problems.

As an outsider, I see that your temper may be a problem that you should devote some time and energy to understanding.

What do you think?
0 Replies

kelly0403

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 07:45 pm
Yeah i know that now. and we're in a time out now and i feel miserable not being with him. he was busy with school and his grandmother just died but i didn't know that it's the reason why he didn't have time for me. I thought that he was neglecting me that's why i told him it's over. when we had that talk that's the only time he told me about it. Now i realise that i didn't want us to be apart. what should i tell him. I realise my mistakes now and i want us to solve our problems.
0 Replies

hail

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 04:41 am
Hi,
I really feel sorry for you ,but i think he really seemed to break out with you `....
Sorry for saying that .... but i think it is the truth..... In my point of view i think that the man should be the one who return back and follow his love not the woman .....And what i think you should do is to keep on having your life as what you want it to be ....
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 08:46 pm
It sounds like you should wait for him to initiate something, if indeed he will. It's complicated since you said you wanted it over, because now you'll always be thinking that he's only remembering that, and he'd take you back if you hadn't said anything. I suggest making him want you by giving him space.
0 Replies