Cheated and horrified

Kila88

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 05:33 pm
I cheated on my fiancé of 8 years and feel absolutely horrid about it. I told him what I done a few days after and he is devasted which I don't blame him. I do not want to lose him I love him do much and feel awful for what I've done. How can I make it up to him and prove I still want to be with him. I know I've shattered all trust and that will take time to heal.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 7 • Views: 1,571 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Mame

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 06:18 pm
@Kila88,
Why did you tell him? And why are you still affianced after 8 years? And it's 'devastated'.

He might actually leave you so you won't be able to make it up to him.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 09:01 pm
@Kila88,
sorry...it seems callous...and cold...but you can't! Once trust is broken like that, it's gone. For most people, they'll not allow the trust to recover. Learn your hard life lesson and in future relationships, don't do it ever again.
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 09:23 pm
@Kila88,
Quote:
How can I make it up to him and prove I still want to be with him.

The only one who can answer this question is your fiance.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 01:50 am
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
sorry...it seems callous...and cold...but you can't! Once trust is broken like that, it's gone. For most people, they'll not allow the trust to recover. Learn your hard life lesson and in future relationships, don't do it ever again.
Its unwise for anyone to trust anyone.
Trust shud be kept to a minimum.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 05:43 pm
Ask him/her to forgive you. What else?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 07:34 pm
@Pemerson,
Pemerson! We/I've missed you!!!!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2013 07:41 pm
@Kila88,
Eight years of being a fiance? is 88 your birth year? not my business, but if so, you've been betrothed since you were seventeen or so? Have neither of you had a relationship with anyone else? Are you really sure you want to spend the rest of your life with him? This might not have been a mistake, you might have underlying feelings of being smothered by the whole thing. Just a guess, based on another guess, so I can easily be wrong about this.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2013 09:06 am
@Kila88,
It takes so much time, energy and sometimes money to cheat . . . so, how is it that you were able to do it?

It all shows that you should not be "engaged," especially if this has been for a very long time starting at a young age.

May I ask your ages?
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 10:42 am
@ossobuco,
Hi Osso, I've missed you too. I wrote a topic expaining why I've beeen "away"for the past 2 years. Wonder why it never showed up. Hey!! (into the ether) I hate to write things again!!
0 Replies