Will you be drafted next year?

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 11:36 am
I agree let the old men who make war have to fight them as well.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 12:17 pm
Been there, done that, got the t-shirts, and got sand in a perfectly good Littman Cardiology stethoscope. Confused
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 01:16 pm
Eventually I asked for and got a Semper Fi bumper sticker. I consider it my protection from Tejas maniacs. You know people see it down here and assume I am not only carrying but know how to use a weapon.
0 Replies

SqUeAkz

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 03:32 pm
Well first of we were'nt expected to be fighting this long, so we didnt send that many troops, and I think many people in the army navy etc. got out when the conflict arouse so they wouldnt be sent to Iraq. So I think there will be a draft
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 03:56 pm
SqUeAkz wrote:
Well first of we were'nt expected to be fighting this long, so we didnt send that many troops,

Mainly because Rumsfeld and Co. overruled the objectionsd of those who knew what they were taliking about, like the chief of staff of the Army (Shinseki) and the secretary of the Army.

Quote:
and I think many people in the army navy etc. got out when the conflict arouse so they wouldnt be sent to Iraq. So I think there will be a draft

Those who ets'ed would be subject to recall still, in addition, wasn't there a stop-loss put in effect in 2001?
0 Replies