delayed/ deferred/ postponed ?

barokas

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 04:24 am
I wish to say that when comparing to another cash flows, my cash flow provides less money at first but more money later. Shall I say that my cash flow is more delayed than the other ? more deferred than the other ? more postponed than the other ? or is there something else?
Thanks a lot .
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 446 • Replies: 2
No top replies

McTag

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 12:16 pm
@barokas,
"Deferred" is probably better.

You could also talk about a delay in receipt of/ bringing forward certain amounts. It depends on what exactly you want to say.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 08:17 pm
@barokas,
Quote:
I wish to say that when comparing to another cash flows, my cash flow provides less money at first but more money later. Shall I say that my cash flow is more delayed than the other ? more deferred than the other ? more postponed than the other ? or is there something else?

My personal feeling is that the 'cash flow' isn't delayed, deferred or postponed. The cash flow is less than the other at first but then it becomes greater [relative to the other or just greater in and of itself.

Try saying exactly what you want to say. That'll give everyone a better indication.
0 Replies