I need to figure out what this Mite is.

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2013 01:09 am
At first I was convinced it was bed bugs and I might have had them too, but these are different. I had been forced to stay in an infected hotel room by my job. As soon as I found out I had the bed bugs in the room I immediately followed the bed bug procedure, being summer time in Texas, I left everything in the car to bake, and ran it through dryer as wel. I found some dead bed bugs in my luggage, but nothing alive.

They ones I caught biting me tonight were between 1 and 2 millimeters. They could not be bed bug nymphs, because they were so dark brown they were almost black all over. They were also almost perfectly round despite having bit me. I can also feel them bite, that how I caught the buggers. Having slept with bed bugs before in the hotel, I know I can't feel them bite. They might get bigger, I'm not sure, but I suspect, the dead round bugs I found this week that were 5-6 milliliters big are the same thing. They don't seem to bite though. Or at last I haven't caught one at it yet.

I'm absolutely certain that there are no adult bed bugs, as is I coated my bed sheets on the sides with with DE (as well as most the room) and left it for three weeks, I found these a week and a half late rafter clean up. Also the vacuum cleaner broke and shot DE all over the room when I was cleaning it up, about 2 weeks ago. So over the course of those 22 days, adult bed bugs would have had to feed twice, there is no way they or any later instars could have survived that, and 10 days was not enough time for more to mature. Nymphs could exist, but I've actually never seen a living bed bug anywhere, even in their favorite hiding places along mattress seams(I don't have box springs), in furniture cracks, under the baseboards, etc, since August when I was in the hotel.

Only an adult bed bug, or 4th/5th instar is anything close to dark, and they look like an adult bed bug and would be almost as big as one. Also bed bugs don't lay amber eggs almost as big as they are. These eggs are about 4 millimeters, oval, and clear amber. the usually come in sets of 4.

I'm not taking a picture because at the sizes (1-2 millimeters) we're taking they look like a flat piece of lint.

WHAT the heck are the and how do I make them go away? I'm in a suburb outside Fort Worth if that helps.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 945 • Replies: 0
No top replies