Fallujah- The Kill Zone

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 08:15 am
Tarantulas wrote:
I had a secret clearance in the Navy. The only Secret information I ever read was some document about what a Soviet submarine sounded like on sonar, back around 1975. It was a technical document and I didn't understand much of it. The officer I borrowed it from explained that Soviet submarines sounded like a collection of pots and pans banging their way across the ocean. That I could understand.

Same with me :wink:

I became a translator, because .... no-one really knew, why I could undertake these examinations (at the "final", there were five military attachées and me - the officers thinking, I was there steward Laughing ).

I got my NATO clearance, because I could photograph = photographing + idenfying all the passing ships in the Baltic Sea.
(Well, there has been more, of course, e.g. co-ordinating the VHF radiotelephony during an exercise of 288 NATO and French ships .... and translating at the buffet afterwards Very Happy )
0 Replies