should I stay?

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 08:55 pm
My boyfriend and I have been together for 5 years. I am head over heels for him but recently found out he cheated about 3 years ago (and kept it from me this long?). When he finally told me about 5 months ago, he seemed sincere and he hasn't repeated (as far as I know). Lately, he's been talking about getting married and that excites me, but I also get worried sometimes too. This tiny thought I've got in my head says that he could do it again. On top of that, I find myself looking at guys now, noticing them more, whereas before I paid no attention. Is that a sign? Should I be thinking more about trying to move on than marriage?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 871 • Replies: 4
No top replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 09:39 pm
@kcaswell,
Quote:
I've got in my head says that he could do it again

Any man or any woman for that matter can cheat at anytime in a relationship but a one time event that happen three years ago does not raised the likelihood of him cheating in the future all that must, at least in my opinion.

Seem to me that now that he wish to make a life time commitment you are getting cold feet and looking around for reasons not to married the man.

I suggest taking a deep breathe and taking some time to decide if you would be happier once more dating or being with this man hopefully for the rest of your life.

Good luck.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 10:11 am
@kcaswell,
Well, I am wondering if your q arises from other threads where you feel the typical a2k respondent has been exceptionally helpful. Otherwise what motivation

Like, have you tried other forums of this sort, and if so with what result

Incidentally your Average Clod (me for instance) might disagree with Bill
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 10:20 am
@kcaswell,
I wonder why he would tell you about an event that happened 3 years ago. At least now, HE feels better.

Now YOU are burdened with the feelings of surprise and betrayal.

You don't say your ages, but maybe you need to get out in the world if you have these tangent feelings that have just come up. Perhaps both of you need some freedom for a while.

kcaswell

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 04:42 pm
@PUNKEY,
He said he wanted me to know everything before he asked me to marry him and that he was planning on asking in the future. I'm 21 and he's 22. We were highschool sweethearts and separated for a year my junior year but Found our ways back together
0 Replies