How can I sustain flirting properly?

Reply Thu 17 Oct, 2013 05:08 pm
I have a boy that I met a couple of days ago. We met out yesterday and he was quite attractive and also presentable,shortly, the best one I've ever seen! I don't wanna lose my chance to be with him. Today we were gonna meet up but when I coincidentally saw him at mall, he said that we would have better hung out tomorrow. And I decided not to text to him until he arranges tomorrow's plan. What do you guys think about the steps I should follow to do it well? Do you think I should keep being this quiet? I surely want to do my best! Thanks in advance Wink
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,208 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 07:25 am
@psychedelic1,
psychedelic1 wrote:

...I don't wanna lose my chance to be with him....

Try not to think this way; you'll only make yourself crazy. Instead, try to cultivate an attitude a lot closer to I have choices as to what to do with my time; this boy should show me why he is worthy of being the person I select to be with.

I am not saying to be stuck up. Rather, the idea is to give yourself and your time value in a relationship, and not wait around for someone to make a move or whether they will deign to spend time with you.

Now you can either take the bull by the horns and be the one to do the planning (or at least suggest the planning), or you can wait for him to do so. Either way is fine, but understand that waiting around and being passive can be crazy-making. Particularly when you see relationships as your chance to be with someone. No; the relationship is their chance to be with you.
psychedelic1

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 02:27 pm
@jespah,
I think you are totally right! Thank you for the advise!
jespah

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 02:50 pm
@psychedelic1,
Aw, thanks! Best of luck to you!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 18 Oct, 2013 05:13 pm
Flirting, by the way, is not at all hard. You just have to relax, smile, make some small jokes (NOT at the expense of the person you're talking to)--but most importantly, don't worry about how you appear to the other person. A good way to become adept at flirting is to flirt with everybody. I flirt with the 14 year old girl at the burger joint and the 50-somthing woman at the cleaners. I flirt with the ticket takers at the subway station and with the wttiress at the restaurant. The Girl often says that if i ever stop flirting, she's gonna call an ambulance because she's sure it will mean i'm dead or dying.
0 Replies