Who believes in karma?

oralloy

Reply Tue 22 Oct, 2013 12:18 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
See how you avoid reality, Oralboy.

You're good at childish name-calling, but I doubt you can show anything that I've avoided.

JTT wrote:
Not a mention of SDOC's decision.

Not a reason to think that it was even remotely relevant to anything we were discussing.

The article mostly seemed to be complaining that W was too conservative for her tastes.

JTT wrote:
That decision was a completely partisan decision.

Which part was partisan?

The part that said all the votes have to be counted in a uniform and fair manner?

Or the part that said they needed to have everything over and done with before the legal deadline for having everything completed?

Was the ruling by the Florida Supreme Court also a completely partisan decision?

Or are rulings in favor of Democrats automatically deemed fair and balanced?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 11:35 am
@RABEL222,
Always the distinctions favor liberals, right rabel?
0 Replies

IRFRANK

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2013 06:45 pm
@McGentrix,
The thing abou karma is this. - it is meant to apply to you, not others.

Saying 'karmas a bitch' is bad karma itself.
lr23am

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 11:53 am
@McGentrix,
I think President Obama did a great thing with Obamacare. Anybody who believes otherwise is passing judgement prematurely. My company has already made millions of dollars providing services for the healthcare industry. Cheers to President Obama! May God Bless America!

-Louis Ryder the 23rd
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 12:01 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
The thing abou karma is this. - it is meant to apply to you, not others.

Do you think that it will ever apply to the USA, Frank?
IRFRANK

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 03:19 pm
@JTT,
I think you missed the distinction between you and others.
JTT

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 05:07 pm
@IRFRANK,
Quote:
I think you missed the distinction between you and others.

Not at all, Frank. The view I had in mind is from the perspective of these war criminals/terrorist presidents that the US has had since at least WWII.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 05:28 pm
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

For the past few weeks, one of the major talking points has been something to the effect "Obamacare is the law of the land, it made through both houses of Congress and upheld by the SCOTUS. Obama won, now get over it."

Someday, probably within the next 20 or so years, the right side of America will be in a position of holding majority in both sides of Congress and the Presidency and will most likely pass some landmark bill or another and this will come back around.

I just hope the leftists in America plan accordingly.

Based on your "20 or so years" timeline, the most fertile/fecund demographics will rule. Since that might not be northern Republicans, the country might just remain as divided as it is now. The way to make conservatism the way of the land is just for Republicans to have 10 kids each, and keep the children away from the brainwashing of liberal schools. It really might just be a matter of not having one's cake and eating it too. Out populating the adversary requires hard work and sacrifice.
JTT

Reply Sun 27 Oct, 2013 05:37 pm
@Foofie,
Quote:
The way to make conservatism the way of the land is just for Republicans to have 10 kids each, and keep the children away from the brainwashing of liberal schools.

Oh great, Foofie, you want everyone to be as cloistered in their thinking as you and McG. You know, that would not bode well for Jews or any other minority.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 06:15 am
So many people I know seem to believe in karma or at least think it's a universal concept. I almost read about it on Wikipedia but I really don't want to fall asleep.

Anyway, some people are cruel their entire lives and they die happy and comfortable. Others are kind to everyone and suffer everyday until they die. I guess karma will get them when they reincarnate. LOL. I find spiritual things silly.
farmerman

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 06:16 am
@jcboy,
I mostly drive a truckma
Setanta

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 06:27 am
So this is a partisan, polemical bait thread, eh?

It needs a soundtrack.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 06:31 am
@farmerman,
My karmachanic has overall charm.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 08:23 am
@jcboy,
jcboy wrote:
So many people I know seem to believe in karma or at least think it's a universal concept. I almost read about it on Wikipedia but I really don't want to fall asleep.

Anyway, some people are cruel their entire lives and they die happy and comfortable. Others are kind to everyone and suffer everyday until they die. I guess karma will get them when they reincarnate. LOL. I find spiritual things silly.

Ultimately no one really knows if anything is in store for us after we die.

It would be really nice though if there were some sort of meaningful existence waiting for us, and also if wicked people would have to face justice.

However, quite often things backfire on the evil scumbag types here in this world where we can all see it and smirk. Whether that is Karma in action or just pure good fortune, I couldn't tell you.
JTT

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 10:36 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
and also if wicked people would have to face justice.

There are millions of USians that would come under that piece of karma.

Quote:
However, quite often things backfire on the evil scumbag types here in this world where we can all see it and smirk.

We can only hope.
0 Replies