5 Doctors 12 Medications- Who Refils the rx's

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 04:27 am
5 Doctors 12 Medications- Who Refils the rx's
I've ended up with five doctors some I've only seen in the hospital never to be seen again, PCP's, that change, cardiologist, surgeons and even my dentist. I've tried keeping a list but with 12 medications and 4 to 5 doctors plus at least 2 pharmacies ... it gets way confusing every time. Then I've tried compiling a list of medications and giving that to each doctor, and rely on my PCP to do all the refilling ... which does not sit well with the secretaries who generally give me a hard time- advise please?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 793 • Replies: 1
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 07:47 am
@wdemauro,
You're responsible for going to the pharmacy and refilling your prescriptions. But I suspect you're actually asking about extending prescriptions after the number of refills have run out, yes?

No doctor worth his or her salt will extend a prescription that they didn't make; they should be looking to examine you and make certain that you still need that particular drug.
0 Replies