Shoulder Pain

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 11:15 am
Was pulling apart a wire pet cage this past weekend, and heard a pop come from my shoulder, followed immediately by intense pain. After a few moments, the pain subsided and I continued on. While collapsing the rest of the cages, I experienced the pain several more times as I pulled the wire toward myself. Later that night, I found my shoulder hurting as I tried to push myself up from a laying position. Same sharp pain in my right shoulder whether pulling to the right or pushing to the left. Intense, on the upper arm, lower shoulder socket area, shooting up to the collarbone.
Don't want to go to a doctor for nothing, but also don't want to cause permanent damage by not getting any treatment.
Anyone have any ideas as to what it could be, and if it is serious?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 730 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Mame

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 11:41 am
@jadsiasun96,
How can any of us advise you? Go and see your doctor.
jadsiasun96

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 03:36 pm
@Mame,
Will do, as soon as I am sure it is serious. Not before.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 03:50 pm
Sounds like some torn muscle fibres, see if they begin healing over the next week or two, then see the doc if they don't.
My left shoulder went when i turned over in bed a couple of years ago, there wasn't much pain, just a cold pins-and-needles numbness, and when I woke up next morning the muscles round the shoulder were all stiff and I couldn't extend my arm to reach things on the top cupboard shelf without getting pain.
It was no better after a month so i went to the doc and he prescribed anti-inflammation pills but they didn't seem do much good.
It very slowly improved over the next 2 years, the stiffness is still there but not as bad.
I suppose it's just down to getting old (I'm 65) and old muscles are not as supple as they used to be.
jadsiasun96

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 10:53 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Okay. Smile Thanks for the info.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 15 Oct, 2013 09:33 am
@jadsiasun96,
And no matter what ailments we get, don't forget to use the internet to research them and end up knowing as much about them as the medics..Smile
0 Replies