Humble Professor of Philosophy

Reply Fri 9 Apr, 2004 01:45 am
I don't know if I have expressed this joke properly. If not, please improve it.

A famous professor chatted with students after his lecture to them.
One of the students asked him: Who do you think the best philosopher nowadays in the world?

The professor replied: Mate, you've made me in a dilemma.
On the one hand, my character wants me be humble, so it is inconvenient to tell you the answer; on the other hand, my character wants me be honest, so I have to tell you the answer. Perhaps you've got the answer with this explanation. If you got it right, I'd like to thank you for making me able to keep my humble and yet honest character.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 517 • Replies: 3
No top replies

oristarA

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 08:24 am
I want to learn how to depict a joke... and it seems on one has been cracked up by this one. Has this joke failed? Razz
0 Replies

Eos

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 10:25 pm
A famous professor was chatting with his students after a lecture. One of the students asked him who he thought was the best philosopher in the world nowadays.

The professor replied, Well, here's a bit of a dilemma - on the one hand, I'm an honest man, so I have to tell you the answer; on the other hand, I'm a humble man, so I'm reluctant to tell you the answer. If you've figured it out, then you've saved me from being either arrogant or dishonest, and I thank you.
0 Replies

oristarA

Reply Mon 12 Apr, 2004 11:52 am
Nice rewriting, Eos. Very Happy
0 Replies