My brother died last week...I just havent felt the same since.

Reply Sat 12 Oct, 2013 03:36 pm
Im 22 years old, male, in the U.S. My mother and father died when i was 12 years old, and ever since then my twin brother had been all I had left. We both lived together in a small 2-bedroom apartment, and we both had our own cars. I had a used pick up truck I bought off a friend, and my brother had a jeep which he always kept the doors off of. (You could take them on and off at will.)

It was last week, I found out about the accident. He had been in a crash in an intersection...he got slammed into a tree by another car, and since he had the roof down and no doors...when the tree fell, it crushed him to death.

The funeral was yesterday, but I didnt go aside the persuading of his friends and mine. I was just in to much pain and I didnt want to go and see my brothers body being buried in front of me...I was afraid It would be to much for me to handle. I just didnt want to break down crying in front of all my friends.

I dont have any other siblings or relatives who feel the same I could talk too, that I know of. Im in tears as I type this. Lately, my friends have been bringing me all sorts of gifts and flowers to try ad cheer me up, but since most of the gifts make me feel worse, I throw them away.

Ive been spending alot of time in my brothers old room, going through the pictures he had taken of us throughout the years (He had been very into photography...), and just going through his things in general. Ive taken all the pictures he took and put them in a scrapbook for safekeeping. I remember, today, I found the most recent one of when we went camping together just the week before he died. I completely burst into tears when I found it, and I havent left my room since. I know I need help, all I want is for this pain to stop.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 1,522 • Replies: 5
No top replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 13 Oct, 2013 07:44 am
I am so sorry for your loss.

You are grieving. Allow yourself time to do that.

Surround yourself with people who will allow you to talk about your brother and will allow you to grieve.

Reach out to grief groups in your local community after a few months. Other people have lost loved ones and you can learn from them.

The main thing is to take care of yourself. Be sure you eat and keep hydrated. Don't drink alcohol or do drugs. Try to get some sleep, if possible.
0 Replies

riyavm

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 05:47 am
@Adolit32,
There is a rule that everybody has to go and left us.. You have to strong and take care of yourself just pray to God and keep meditation. that will give you relief.

May God bless you
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 06:17 am
@Adolit32,
Please excuse my cynicism regarding this matter, but I have one or two things to ask, if that's OK.
You say that your parents both died when you were 12 years old.
Both together?
If so, surely you and your twin would have been either raised by the state, adopted or raised by remaining family, albeit an extended branch.

Is there no-one out of all these potential surrogate parents that you can turn to?

Finally, you say here that you are 22 years old....are you sure about that?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20131012155629AAiFpz1

I know I may be out of order taking this position, but my default is switched to suspicious most of the time....and I'm finding it hard to make this add up.

Sorry.
Mame

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 09:13 am
@Lordyaswas,
Good call, Lordy!
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 14 Oct, 2013 10:11 am
@Adolit32,
It is a FACT that no one has died.
Its only molting
(like when a lobster walks away
from his exoskeleton.

People who have returned to human life
in hospitals have been very annoyed,
because thay liked it better,
thay were more comfortable, OUTSIDE of their human bodies.

David
0 Replies