I have been crushing on my BFF, and she just came out as Bi.

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 04:41 pm
So over the summer I've been developing a crush on my best friend, I'd basically think about her everyday. I tried to stop myself from loving her so much because I didn't want to ruin our friendship by telling her that I liked her that way, it'd would be pretty awkward. Her and I are HUGE gay, lesbian, bi, etc. supporters too. Recently, some people have spread rumors around saying that we are both lesbians because we are basically inseprible, and spend as much time as possible with each other. So a few days ago, she came out to me as Bi and told me who she liked, which made me a little jealous. I was really happy for her of course! Now my crush has basically gotten stronger. I also must say I have a really huge crush on this boy too. I don't want to tell her for two reasons : 1. I don't want the friend ship to end and make it super awkward. 2. I'm not really sure if I'm Bi, or Bi-curios, and you can't really tell someone that your Bi then next week say your straight. I also don't want to seem like I'm copying her .-. I really want help, because all I want to do is hold her and be with her all the time. ._.
Much appriciated for the help Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 2,128 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Kolyo

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 05:31 pm
@Everyotherday,
I had this gay friend once who used to drop subtle hints that he was gay. If he had just told me he found me attractive I would not have minded. But then I'm a guy, and maybe the rules different for women/girls.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 8 Oct, 2013 06:01 pm
@Everyotherday,
Perhaps for perspective you could give us an idea of your age?
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 05:20 am
So, I've just disovered that every personal problem opening paragraph starts with so.

So, is this an American thing?

So, has anyone else noticed this?
Setanta

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 05:55 am
@Lordyaswas,
Joe from Chicago started a thread on the subject. It's not limited to Americans, though.
0 Replies

Everyotherday

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 05:14 pm
@Lordyaswas,
So true.. So what's your point? :3
Everyotherday

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 05:15 pm
@Ragman,
9th grade. I blame hormones most of the time .-.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 9 Oct, 2013 07:52 pm
@Everyotherday,
you don't need to make choices, right now. Just enjoy loving everyone around you.

(yes, your hormones are in high gear)
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 01:37 am
@Everyotherday,
Everyotherday wrote:

So true.. So what's your point? :3

Very Happy
0 Replies

najmelliw

Reply Thu 10 Oct, 2013 10:48 am
@Everyotherday,
The reason she might have told you she likes this boy may be a) because of the rumours or b) because she likes you too and hopes that by telling you she likes that boy she'll get you to tell her you like her.

But if you truly only want to hold her and be with her all the time, well, the only way you can make that happen is by actually telling her and take your chances. Whether that's smart? It's hard to say.

Frankly, the best advice I feel I can give you is to talk all of this over with a RL objective third party who knows the situation and so on. If there's such a person whose advice you'd value and whom you can trust not to tell private details to other people, talk to him or her and explain the situation.

Those are my two cents.

PS. I deliberately avoided the two letter 's' word that seems to have occupied most of the discussion in this thread.

0 Replies