Dr. Rice testifies

roverroad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:32 pm
She obviously lied through her teeth. She definitely didn't write that speech either. I doubt she would use words like "Silver Bullet" She was coached on what to say and it was all a lie. And she feels she's above apologizing to the families of 9/11? That was a bad move.

The whole administration is a bunch of corrupt liers and I don't think Rice intentionally lied, she was forced to. I heard the quiver in her voice. She was scared as hell. Afraid she may leak information is what it was!
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:44 pm
I sure heard her voice quivering too. She was very nervous.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:46 pm
She was nervous, but anyone would be testifying before the nation....

I don't see it as a sign of lying...
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 08:57 pm
I don't know why a public figure who I'm sure has had her share of time in front of judges, juries and committees would be nervous just because she's in the spotlight. How could she get as far as she's gotten in life while still being nervous in front of people?
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:04 pm
How disingenous is it to apologize to somebody to make political points? What in the world did she have to apologize for?

Now to call somebody a liar because they do not share your particular political ideology. . .that might warrant an apology.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:09 pm
CLAIM: "While we were developing this new strategy to deal with al-Qaeda, we also made decisions on a number of specific anti-al-Qaeda initiatives that had been proposed by Dick Clarke."
Initiatives.

FACT: Rice's statement finally confirms what she previously - and inaccurately - denied. She falsely claimed on 3/22/04 that "No al-Qaeda plan was turned over to the new administration." [Washington Post, 3/22/04]
Plan.

Learn your lingo. Or copy and paste from people who have learned it. You can adopt initiatives without having a plan. They are two different things, in NSspeak.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 09:15 pm
Foxfyre, they aren't political views, they are bold face lies, as pistoff is pointing out.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:32 pm
Sorry. I do not believe they are in any way lies. If they were, the 9/11 Democrat commissioners would have challenged her veracity. They didn't. They had already heard this testimony and have all had a chance to verify the facts ahead of time. They were trying to make political hay in an election year, and if Condi's testimony had been in any way flawed, you can bet your bippee they would have called her on it when they had the chance.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:37 pm
That's Democratic, not Democrat. You listen to limbaugh don't you Rolling Eyes

Anyway, rice admitted her self that they had prior knowledge. The CIA briefing given to Bush in August of 2001 titled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike in the United States".

We will be hearing more about that!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:44 pm
It's not Democratic. It's Democrat.

Clinton knew Bin Laden was Determined....

Newsflash: Guess what? Bin Laden is determined to attack the US. It's been true for the past ten years, at least.

The country overwhelmingly believes Bush was not negligent in 911. Clinton's numbers aren't as good.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:50 pm
Sofia wrote:
The country overwhelmingly believes Bush was not negligent in 911.

I sure don't know where you're getting your statistics. Fox News Channel?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 10:56 pm
That's so tired. You need some new material.

I got it from Gallup. It's around here on one of these threads...
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:02 pm
I would call overwhelming about 2/3rds. It's more like a little over half. That will change when the truth is exposed.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:14 pm
I'm not so ticked off about the fact that Bush knew 9/11 was going to happen. The major concern here is why he used it as an excuse to attack Iraq.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:15 pm
67% is not a little over half.

Indeed, it is a little more over two thirds...

Overwhelming.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:20 pm

Here

It'son Gallup's front page.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:20 pm
roverroad wrote:
I'm not so ticked off about the fact that Bush knew 9/11 was going to happen. The major concern here is why he used it as an excuse to attack Iraq.

In my opinion, the reason to attack Iraq, and Bush's primary reason for doing so, was the WMD issue.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:22 pm
It's all about the oil.
Thankfully, he's almost got his tank full.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:25 pm
Sofia wrote:
It's all about the oil.
Thankfully, he's almost got his tank full.

I disagree. This is a very easy charge to make, and people who make the charge rarely support the contention with evidence. I think it we invaded Iraq primarily over fear of WMD, and my evidence is any number of speeches by Bush and his crew.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 11:30 pm
Brandon9000 wrote:
In my opinion, the reason to attack Iraq, and Bush's primary reason for doing so, was the WMD issue.

Really? Did you find those WMD's? Laughing

Ok, so you got me on the Stats Sofia, but like I said, I really don't care about that part of the investigation. I'm all for getting Bush on anything we can but I think the bigger issue is why he has cost us the lives of over 600 american soldiers.
0 Replies