Define Satan

Germlat

Mon 13 Jan, 2014 04:41 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
Satan is the bs we blame for our own shortcomings (as we or our society perceives them ). It is a dark power that seduces us into what lands us into ruin and at the end of the day we regard it as an outside source and easier to swallow .....in this way we don't feel quite as dirty or guilty.
anonymously99stwin

Mon 13 Jan, 2014 04:44 pm
@Germlat,
I don't blame Satan for ****.

I blame myself.

Everyone is different. Experiences different fucked up **** in life.

The ability to understand is extremely important. It is. Having the right teachers throughout life is a plus.
Germlat

Mon 13 Jan, 2014 04:47 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
I'm not referring to you but to the hypocritical stance of Christian America. Not all Christians either for that matter.
anonymously99stwin

Mon 13 Jan, 2014 04:49 pm
@Germlat,
I was throwing myself out there.

That thing called conversation.

Out of boredom.
Germlat

Mon 13 Jan, 2014 04:51 pm
@anonymously99stwin,
Ok by me
0 Replies

InkRune

Sat 18 Jan, 2014 06:24 pm
Satan? By the Christian Bible:
The fallen angel, once so beautiful he was second only to God.
Bu he was jealous of God's power and he tried to overthrow God.
God therefore banished him, and Lucifer became Satan, incarnation of evil. However, the bible says he can sometimes look as an angel of light, disguising his evils. And the bible also says to be on the lookout, 'For he roams around like a roaring lion, seeking those who he can devour'.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 02:01 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

Satan is not a name in the true sense. It is a title meaning 'resistor' or 'rebel'
We capitalize to indicate the quintessential rebel, the original resistor.

So what's his real name? Cheney maybe?
Calamity Dal

Sat 1 Feb, 2014 05:29 am
@blueveinedthrobber,
I call him Steve
blueveinedthrobber

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 02:21 pm
@Calamity Dal,
ouch
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 02:24 pm
Wouldn't it be odd if God made a mistake in programming Human Beings when he created them, they became corrupt on their own due to faulty programming and God was too egotistical to take responsibility so he just threw Lucifer under the bus?
neologist

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 03:03 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
neologist wrote:
Satan is not a name in the true sense. It is a title meaning 'resistor' or 'rebel'
We capitalize to indicate the quintessential rebel, the original resistor.
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
Nor Torquemada. His real name, never mentioned, is fated to be forgotten.
neologist

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 03:05 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Wouldn't it be odd if God made a mistake in programming Human Beings when he created them, they became corrupt on their own due to faulty programming and God was too egotistical to take responsibility so he just threw Lucifer under the bus?
You could call giving us free will a mistake, especially if you prefer robothood.
0 Replies

Calamity Dal

Sun 2 Feb, 2014 03:20 pm
seriously tho, people give satan way too much credit for mans crap. If the devil used his free will to turn on his god, how comes people seem to think mankind are incapable of doing the same thing on their own. I imagine the devils best ploy would be to watch man blame him for everything, never taking accountability got their own evils.
0 Replies

InkRune

Mon 3 Feb, 2014 11:35 pm
Interesting point Dal. You know, that reminds me, its been said that Humanity doesnt need Satan,(or the concept of,) since it can do bad enough on its own. So perhaps Satan is really just a symbol or representative of evil, instead of being the cause of [evil]. But you did bring up an interesting topic; I'm looking forward to seeing more posts on this particular topic.

-InkRune-
Smileyrius

Tue 4 Feb, 2014 01:47 am
@InkRune,
It is a good point indeed, but evil cannot be measured as it is not a thing, but a lack of a thing. Like cold is not measurable, as it is our word for a lack of heat, evil is our word for a lack of goodness.
I see the devil working the world over, rather than sitting on every mans shoulder.
A magicians greatest tools are misdirection and illusion, all the devil needs to do is to make Gods will/requirements/standards seemingly disappear. Id say he has done a remarkable job don't you?
Germlat

Sun 9 Feb, 2014 02:55 pm
@Smileyrius,
Cold is measurable.
Smileyrius

Sun 9 Feb, 2014 03:03 pm
@Germlat,
What do you measure the cold in? I have been wrong before Smile
blueveinedthrobber

Sun 9 Feb, 2014 03:49 pm
@neologist,
[/quote]
Nor Torquemada. His real name, never mentioned, is fated to be forgotten.
[/quote]

Not much chance of him being forgotten as long as "Christians" and "Christian politicians" keep him right out front in people's consciousness so they can influence and maintain control. He's too valuable as a boogeyman for humans to allow him to be forgotten.
izzythepush

Sun 9 Feb, 2014 05:54 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
And he had a whole new lease of life in British comics.
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs29/i/2008/161/e/4/Torquemada_by_skew_whiff.png
0 Replies

neologist

Sun 9 Feb, 2014 08:08 pm
@blueveinedthrobber,
Well, Satan is simply a title, a word meaning rebel or resistor. Whatever name this inbdividual once had is not known. IMO, it will never be known.