Wilso

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 12:38 am
http://i57.tinypic.com/a4mzit.jpg
Krumple

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 12:40 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

http://i57.tinypic.com/a4mzit.jpg

Funny that you bring this up. I saw a news report about a Norwegian catholic priest who claims LEGO is the toy of Satan. I couldn't stop laughing. They just love to constantly claim the devil is behind anything they don't like or understand.
Wilso

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 12:59 am
@Krumple,
Surprised it got any air time. Scandinavian nations are among the most secular
Krumple

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 08:38 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

Surprised it got any air time. Scandinavian nations are among the most secular

It probably got air time because it is just plain nuts.
0 Replies

Enaj

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 08:52 pm
@InfraBlue,
Thanks for that.

Enaj
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 04:39 am
Quote:
Krumple said: I am referring to the general idiocy that is christianity

Which bit of this do you think is idiocy mate?-

"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)
Krumple

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 04:56 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

Quote:
Krumple said: I am referring to the general idiocy that is christianity

"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)

How about the part where it suggests to disown family members who are not believers? How about the part where you should bash babies against rocks? How about the part where you should stone disobedient children to death? Just to name a few. But you are the type who ignores all this, buries their head in the sand and any time stuff like this is brought up you conveniently ignore it.
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 05:15 am
Quote:
Krumple said: How about the part where it suggests to disown family members who are not believers? How about the part where you should bash babies against rocks? How about the part where you should stone disobedient children to death? Just to name a few. But you are the type who ignores all this, buries their head in the sand and any time stuff like this is brought up you conveniently ignore it.

Jesus TRASHED all that Old Testament harshness mate and gave us the NEW Testament, and people quickly cottoned on..Smile

"Jesus saved you from the empty way of life handed you by your forefathers" (1 Pet 1:18 )
"Through Jesus we are saved,and not through Moses" (Acts 13:39)
"Jesus is worthy of more honour than Moses" (Heb 3:3)
"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator is superior to the old one" (Heb 8:6)
"In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30)
0 Replies

Wilso

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 05:18 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

But you are the type who ignores all this, buries their head in the sand

He clearly spends most of his time with his head in a much less pleasant location.
0 Replies

JTT

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 09:51 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:

The part where the USA and the UK butcher innocents and keep others in poverty by supporting brutal dictators. Then they sit in church and pretend they are christians. Rank hypocrites like you, Romeo.
Romeo Fabulini

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:09 am
Quote:
JTT said: the USA and the UK butcher innocents and keep others in poverty by supporting brutal dictators. Then they sit in church and pretend they are christians. Rank hypocrites like you, Romeo.

I haven't been to church for for 12 years and that was Leicester Prison chapel, lots of us cons used to attend services because we fancied the young woman chaplain..Wink
As for wars, I've been saying for years we should get out of Afgh, Iraq and every other place that's none of our business..Smile

Leicester Prison, the sound of that portcullis clanging shut behind them has broken the spirit of many hard men cons.
Not me though, I'm the hardest dood I know..Smile
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/slammer.jpg
0 Replies

Enaj

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 04:33 pm
@JTT,
The citizens and the leaders of a country are not of the same group, the one are just regular people, the other thinking themselves as elite, privilage and seldom do what is wanted of those that elected them. Don't judge the people for the actions of the leaders, they much of the time do not want the same things. Or in agreement with what the leaders do.

anonymously99

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 04:34 pm
@Enaj,
Thou shall not condemn.

0 Replies

JTT

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 04:37 pm
@Enaj,
Quote:
The citizens and the leaders of a country are not of the same group, the one are just regular people, the other ... .

Not in the us of a, nosireebob, or in this case, Enaj.

Have you ever heard of "government of the people by the people for the people?"
Krumple

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 10:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

What is he?

Wanting to keep this subject a live because I have more input on it.

Here is one thing that reveals the whole concept is just a silly adult version of a childish fairy tale meant to keep adults in line.

If the devil were so wicked and clever, wouldn't he always be appealing? Wouldn't he go for the strike at the most unlikely place? I mean playing devils advocate here but if I were the devil I would invent the bible and pretend as if it's a great source of morality. Teach people to stone each other to death over simple insignificant things. Teach people to bash babies against rocks. Teach people to turn against their own family members simply for not believing.

Make them think that blood sacrifices are necessary for forgiveness. And for the return of the savior would require the destruction of a rival religious monument before the lord can return. You can't get any more inhumane then all those lessons. What about 42 children being mauled by two bears simply for making fun of a bald man who claims to be a prophet? And that was justified because the man requested that god do something.
0 Replies

anonymously99

Mon 7 Apr, 2014 11:25 pm
@JTT,
I caught K crying in the women's bathroom today. How are you JTT?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Tue 8 Apr, 2014 01:06 am
Quote:
Krumple said re Old T harshness: You can't get any more inhumane then all those lessons.

God had to slap those ancient barbaric heathens around to improve the human gene pool by culling out the no-hopers..Smile
Then when people began getting more civilised he sent Jesus to lift us to the next stage of spiritual evolution, and people soon cottoned on-

"The covenant of which Jesus is mediator, is superior to the old one" (Hebrews 8:6)
0 Replies

usmankhalid665

Sat 10 May, 2014 11:48 am
According to The Oxford Dictionary of Islam,shaytan is used in the Quran in the singular, and the plural shayatin often interchangeably with Iblis, who is "considered to be a particular shaytan."[5]According to basic Islamic teachings, God revealed the creation of three intelligent species: angels, jinn, and humans, of which the latter two have been granted free will to choose between good and evil,[6][7] and the Quran states that there is other creation beyond human knowledge "and He has created (other) things of which ye have no knowledge."[8]The angels do not have free will and cannotsin because they were not granted the freedom by God to disobey. When God created Adam, he commanded all the angels and Iblis (whose rank allowed him to be considered equal to that of an angel) toprostrate to Adam as was termed "the Best of Creation". All the angels did so but Iblis refused to obey, and was brought into a state of rebellion against God.[9] For this God cast him out of Jannah (paradise), and intended to punish him. Iblis begged God to delay the punishment until Yawm al-Qiyāmah (Last Judgment), which was granted by God.[10]It is We Who created you and gave you shape; then We bade the angels prostrate to Adam, and they prostrate; not so Iblis; He refused to be of those who prostrate.(Allah) said: "What prevented thee from prostrating when I commanded thee?" He said: "I am better than he: Thou didst create me from fire, and him from clay."—Quran, sura 7 (Al-A'raf) ayat 11-12[11]Iblis was proud and arrogant and considered himself superior to Adam, since Adam was made from clay and Iblis from smokeless fire. For this act of disobedience, God cursed him to Jahannam (Hell/Purgatory) for eternity, but gave him respite until the Day of Judgment, after Iblis requested it.[12] Iblis obtained permission from God and vowed that he would use this time to lead all men and women astray to Hell as a way of revenge against them. By refusing to obey God’s order he was thrown out of paradise and thereafter he was called "Shaytan."
0 Replies

kiuku

Tue 24 Jun, 2014 08:15 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
a human
Germlat

Thu 26 Jun, 2014 04:33 pm
@kiuku,
Including yourself??