Define Satan

neologist

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:08 pm
@Krumple,
I see you are from Seattle where IQs are reportedly above the mean.
0 Replies

Krumple

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:25 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You need only read the first 3 chapters of the Bible to understand that the consequence of disobedience is death. No baking boiling frying or broiling. The first lie, BTW, was in chapter 3, when the rebel asserted
Quote:
You certainly will not die
That would be the origin of belief in some sort of life after death.

It doesn't make any sense. Even if they are referring to a spiritual death or the death of the soul. So what? I am already convinced that there is no after life and once my body and brain cease to function, I will no longer exist. I am fine with that. So how would a spiritual death or the death of the soul be anything scary or undesirable? Personally I think existing for ever would be a far greater torment than dying a spiritual death.

But to be fair, how can I possibly make that assessment? Well I have no recollection of what I was before this life began, so I can use that to reason that I won't be aware of anything after this life ends. Now I could be completely wrong on that but I doubt it.

How would I know a spiritual death is worse than eternal existence? I wouldn't either way. But if I had to make a choice, I would chose spiritual death even before knowing what it even means to have external existence. Why? Because existing doing absolutely nothing but being a floating light of bliss seems rather dull compared to this life.

If it is immaterial like some claim, what is so great about it? You don't have hair, you don't wear clothes, you don't listen to music, you don't read books, you don't go on adventures, you don't get to experience beautiful scenes. You just float around doing absolutely nothing, yay! Sounds exciting!
Enaj

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:26 pm
@Krumple,
Mr Krumple.

Why make a fuss about anon misspelling the word lying, when in a message you posted on Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:56 pm you used the wrong word in this sentence which you wrote...

"Everything in your body is a chemical process, weather moving, breathing, thinking ect."

The word that you should have used in that sentence would be "whether" and not weather.

Weather is storms, rain, hail, wind, tornadoes, sunshine,ice, snow.........

Also it isn't ect, it should be etc.
Krumple

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:29 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

Mr Krumple.

Why make a fuss about anon misspelling the word lying, when in a message you posted on Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:56 pm you used the wrong word in this sentence which you wrote...

"Everything in your body is a chemical process, weather moving, breathing, thinking ect."

The word that you should have used in that sentence would be "whether" and not weather.

Weather is storms, rain, hail, wind, tornadoes, sunshine,ice, snow.........

Also it isn't ect, it should be etc.

If you actually had read the comments you would have understood why I made a deal out of it. It is because I corrected her and she made the same mistake directly following that post. Did I make the same grammar mistake twice even after being corrected? No. Your argument is moot.
Enaj

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:30 pm
@Krumple,
Mr Krumple

"I think it should be spelt?"

In American English the correct word is spelled.
Krumple

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:33 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

Mr Krumple

"I think it should be spelt?"

In American English the correct word is spelled.

So who are you a sock puppet of?
Enaj

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:37 pm
@InfraBlue,
Is there a rule that one must answer very post or question? I don't think so. It is ones free will to answer or not. It's up to him.

Krumple

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:41 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

Is there a rule that one must answer very post or question? I don't think so. It is ones free will to answer or not. It's up to him.

The point isn't that an answer isn't expect but when someone puts forth a statement and that statement is challenged yet the person completely ignores the challenge and just goes on adding more excuses to the conversation then it is dodging the challenge.

If you don't want to respond then maybe you shouldn't add any input at all.

oh by the way there is a spelling mistake in your first sentence. But I'll see if you can find it since you are great with letters and words.
Enaj

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:44 pm
@neologist,
Neologist, An experience like that should be humbling for anyone.
And a lesson to be learned for others.
Thanks for the reply.

Enaj
0 Replies

Enaj

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 03:47 pm
@JTT,
Is there anyone that is not evil in your view?? JTT?
0 Replies

Enaj

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:29 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
If you actually had read the comments you would have understood why I made a deal out of it. It is because I corrected her and she made the same mistake directly following that post. Did I make the same grammar mistake twice even after being corrected? No. Your argument is moot.

I did read the comments.

My point is until you are perfect, don't fault others for not being perfect.
0 Replies

Enaj

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:32 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
So who are you a sock puppet of?

Another mindless reply.
Nothing new there.
0 Replies

Enaj

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:39 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
The point isn't that an answer isn't expect but when someone puts forth a statement and that statement is challenged yet the person completely ignores the challenge and just goes on adding more excuses to the conversation then it is dodging the challenge.

If you don't want to respond then maybe you shouldn't add any input at all.

oh by the way there is a spelling mistake in your first sentence. But I'll see if you can find it since you are great with letters and words.

Yes, I see my typo.
I also see that you haven't learned anything.
Also, as of yet, you haven't had a worthwhile post on this site.
Krumple

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 04:48 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:
Yes, I see my typo.
I also see that you haven't learned anything.
Also, as of yet, you haven't had a worthwhile post on this site.

Just as I thought, you are a sock puppet.. good to know
Enaj

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 05:09 pm
@Krumple,
Like I said, you haven't learned a thing.
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 05:38 pm
@Krumple,
You are so eager to prove me wrong, you invent spurious positions to discredit. These are not my positions. I do not claim the soul to be immortal. Do I believe Adam and Eve were given the prospect of living forever on earth? Yes. But that is something entirely different. No hairless floating in a celestial womb. Don't know how you got that idea. Not from me. Not from the Bible. You simply have no idea what the Bible actually teaches.
Krumple

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 05:59 pm
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

You are so eager to prove me wrong, you invent spurious positions to discredit. These are not my positions. I do not claim the soul to be immortal. Do I believe Adam and Eve were given the prospect of living forever on earth? Yes. But that is something entirely different. No hairless floating in a celestial womb. Don't know how you got that idea. Not from me. Not from the Bible. You simply have no idea what the Bible actually teaches.

Okay fair enough then actually state something then rather than hiding behind nothing and then jumping out any time someone brings up a valid point and claiming it's wrong because YOU don't believe that. I am not talking about YOU specifically. I am referring to the general idiocy that is christianity. From the many things that they have said. I have mentioned many times christians are not consistent in their beliefs. Why would I expect you to be any different?

You wanted to jump in and pretend as if only YOUR version is the accurate one yet you don't even say what you believe. Probably because you know I would have absolutely NO problem pointing out the flaws in it.

So why don't you tell me, and everyone how it is.

What is the message?
If there isn't an eternal life then what is there?
If the soul isn't immortal then what is the soul? Does it die when the body dies? If not what sustains it?

InfraBlue

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 06:45 pm
@Enaj,
Enaj wrote:

I didn't say there was a rule that one must answer very post or question. I said that Neo sticks to his script. Yes, it is ones free will to answer or not, you're grasp of the obvious is outstanding. You felt he wasn't answering your question. I merely let you know what he was doing.
neologist

Sat 5 Apr, 2014 08:59 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:
I am referring to the general idiocy that is christianity. From the many things that they have said. I have mentioned many times christians are not consistent in their beliefs. Why would I expect you to be any different?
Noted
Krumple wrote:
So why don't you tell me, and everyone how it is.

What is the message?
Start with stuff from the first 3 chapters of the Bible, the understanding of which will place you ahead of 90% of those regularly fleecing the flocks of Christendom:
We don't have souls, we are souls
Quote:
and the man came to be a living soul. (Genesis 1:7)

The creative days are not 24 hours in length. This is evident from the statement in Genesis 2:4 lumping the first 6 into one.
Quote:
This is a history of the heavens and the earth in the time of their being created, in the day that Jehovah God made earth and heaven.
The sole consequence of disobedience was death
Quote:
But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die. (Genesis 2:17)
If further punishment were in order, certainly it would have been mentioned at this point. I'll get to chapter 3 later.

But the bottom line is the 6000 or so years of human misery is not the fault of God.
Krumple

Sun 6 Apr, 2014 12:28 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:
We don't have souls, we are souls

This is a meaningless statement. What is the difference? Is the body part of the soul? If it is not then why say we are souls? Currently the body is what makes up 'we'. If it is separate then whats the difference in saying we have souls?

neologist wrote:

The creative days are not 24 hours in length. This is evident from the statement in Genesis 2:4 lumping the first 6 into one.

Okay so you have established that there is a time difference? So what? But the way you explained it is vague. Lumping the first 6 days into one what? Twenty four hours?

neologist wrote:

The sole consequence of disobedience was death

Okay to clarify, death of the body? Death of the brain? Because christians like to say claim there are two kinds of death. Death of the mortal self and then there is a death of the soul which is the one they constantly quote but it just sounds retarded. So you need to explain this a little more. Are you just referring to our mortal self death here? If so who cares? We all die eventually so how is that related to disobedience?

neologist wrote:

If further punishment were in order, certainly it would have been mentioned at this point. I'll get to chapter 3 later.

Well maybe hell wasn't created yet and god wasn't aware that he needed a hell so he didn't bother mentioning it. That might sound facetious but creating everything and then destroying it a few minutes later seems reactionary to me. If this god is suppose to be all knowing the point in destroying everything seems rather silly as I pointed out with the construction of the house analogy.

If you know the world is going to turn out evil and corrupt but you want to destroy it because it's not living up to your expectations, didn't you know this was going to be the result? God acts as if it was not aware that this was going to happen.

neologist wrote:

But the bottom line is the 6000 or so years of human misery is not the fault of God.

Well we know that humans have been around for far longer than 6000 years. Far longer than ten thousand years.
0 Replies