4
   

WUD WE HAVE A BETTER UNIVERSE ?

 
 
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:09 pm

Wud we have a better Universe,
if we cud all return to earlier times
and correct our mistakes, prevent them from happening ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,763 • Replies: 14
No top replies

 
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:


Wud we have a better Universe,
if we cud all return to earlier times
and correct our mistakes, prevent them from happening ?



I doubt it.

The corrections we'd make are a product of what we are...and would be as defective as you suppose we are.

Or so it seems.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:13 pm

I guess it 'd be less stable,
but then again, from the vu point
of a 3rd person, only u wud know of the change (if that).
0 Replies
 
Sturgis
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:20 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
What we would have is a different universe. Not necessarily better, not necessarily worse. Different. There'd be other mistakes,other blunderings, different skyscapes. Different everything.
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:20 pm
@Frank Apisa,

It 'd be fun to try.

I remember, when I was 9,
I built a house up in a tree.
I went up there and fantasized
about taking a .45 Thompson Submachinegun
back in time and doing the job on Karl Marx
b4 he cud make any trouble. In retrospect,
that might well cause less defensive R & D,
resulting in not enuf information to execute the trip.
It 'd be fun, tho.





David
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 02:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:


It 'd be fun to try.

I remember, when I was 9,
I built a house up in a tree.
I went up there and fantasized
about taking a .45 Thompson Submachinegun
back in time and doing the job on Karl Marx
b4 he cud make any trouble. In retrospect,
that might well cause less defensive R & D,
resulting in not enuf information to execute the trip.
It 'd be fun, tho.





David


Ummm...you seem to be supposing that taking out Karl Marx would make things better.

I suppose you would suppose that taking out Adolph Hitler would make things better.

BUT...both of those killings might result in a worse situation filling the void.


It certainly is possible.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
OmSigDAVID wrote:


It 'd be fun to try.

I remember, when I was 9,
I built a house up in a tree.
I went up there and fantasized
about taking a .45 Thompson Submachinegun
back in time and doing the job on Karl Marx
b4 he cud make any trouble. In retrospect,
that might well cause less defensive R & D,
resulting in not enuf information to execute the trip.
It 'd be fun, tho.





David
Frank Apisa wrote:
Ummm...you seem to be supposing that taking out Karl Marx would make things better.
Yes; the absence of communist slavery
is better than its presence.
I wanted to take out Fred Engles, too.


Frank Apisa wrote:
I suppose you would suppose that taking out Adolph Hitler would make things better.
Not necessarily; he was our top secret agent. Snipers, in place, were called off
because he was in the ideal place.
No one suspected him.



Frank Apisa wrote:
BUT...both of those killings might result in a worse situation filling the void.


It certainly is possible.
Is it less pre-dictable
than it is retro-dictable ?
eurocelticyankee
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:30 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David, steer clear of time travel, chances are you'd end up being your own Grandmother.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:32 pm
@eurocelticyankee,
eurocelticyankee wrote:

David, steer clear of time travel, chances are you'd end up being your own Grandmother.



Laughing
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  2  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 03:48 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
about taking a .45 Thompson Submachinegun
back in time and doing the job on Karl Marx
b4 he cud make any trouble. In retrospect,
that might well cause less defensive R & D,


An the results could had been that the nation that shed so most blood to stop the Nazis would not have had a government in placed that could had done so.

Try invading Europe where there was no eastern front to drain off far more then half the German military.

Thousands of heavy tanks and millions of men with full equipment waiting for our landing back by an air force that had not lost thousands of planes on the Eastern front.

Not good at all.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:02 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

DAVID wrote:
about taking a .45 Thompson Submachinegun
back in time and doing the job on Karl Marx
b4 he cud make any trouble. In retrospect,
that might well cause less defensive R & D,


An the results could had been that the nation
that shed so most blood to stop the Nazis
would not have had a government in place that could had done so.
If I understand u accurately, Bill,
u r implying that the Russians did not love Czar Nicholas,
but that thay loved Stalin & communism, and thay were loyal to HIM.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:06 pm

To whomever wrote "Cold War Refugee" in the tag lines:

I was born in NY, of English descent.
I did not find it necessary to take refuge.





David
0 Replies
 
BillRM
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 04:50 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
If I understand u accurately, Bill,
u r implying that the Russians did not love Czar Nicholas,
but that thay loved Stalin & communism, and thay were loyal to HIM.


DO You know anything about the Russian front?

The machine guns arm blocking forces that made damn sure that during an attack the Russians troops would keep going forward.

That if you are part of a body of troops that surrender your family would be killed or at best turn into slave labor and if and when you was recapture you would likely be shot by your own government.

An they met this as one of Stalin own sons was captured and his daughter in law was send to a labor camp after being torture as a result.

It was not love it was ruthlessness that won the day by Stalin and his government.
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 3 Oct, 2013 11:04 pm
@BillRM,
I see your point, Bill, and I accept your reasoning.
U r saying that the Czar 'd not have been sufficiently brutal
toward his own troops, relative to how Stalin was against the nazis.

U may well be right.





David
0 Replies
 
tsarstepan
 
  1  
Reply Fri 4 Oct, 2013 10:50 am
@OmSigDAVID,
A better universe if we as individuals could fix our mistakes made in the past? Probably not. Remember each mistake opens new and quite unexpected paths.

If I went back in time and fixed mistake X then I probably would have never met Marietta/Thedivaden. For another thing, I would likely have never moved to NYC.

I'd still be tempted by the ability to change my personal past but I would recognize there would be some serious and major consequences to these personal historical revisions.

I can't imagine how these atomic size changes in the grand scheme of things would have made a better universe for the whole of humanity. Who knows? Maybe it could make some incredible differences but as of now I can't fathom that hypothetical universe.
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Best Time Travel Movies - Question by Brandon9000
Time travel with magnetic fields - Question by curiousMind
Would you kill Baby Hitler? Or .... - Question by tsarstepan
Time travel time dialation theory - Discussion by All time
Time time dialation theory - Discussion by All time
Relativity revisited once more still again - Question by dalehileman
Mark and time travel - Question by dalehileman
Parallel Dimensions - Discussion by RexRed
Time - Question by Cyracuz
 
  1. Forums
  2. » WUD WE HAVE A BETTER UNIVERSE ?
Copyright © 2018 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 12/18/2018 at 02:50:48