Would you kill Baby Hitler? Or ....

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 07:43 pm

Would you kill Baby Hitler? Or use time travel to your own personal advantage? Or something else?

View best answer, chosen by tsarstepan
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 08:11 pm
The forces at play in Germany may have allowed another Hitler type to step in, one smart enough to win the war. I would only use time travel to go back and share some wine with Jack Kerouac.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 08:17 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJn8iUe6rwY[/youtube]

Would you kill Baby Hitler? Or use time travel to your own personal advantage? Or something else?

Its possible that killing baby Hitler would accomplish nothing. Someone else might have taken his place doing the same thing. Its possible that the environment in Germany produced the result rather than the man.

Just look how shocked the ultra left is at a Donald Trump presidency. It was the environment that did most of the work to put him there. Its silly to think he did it on merit.

You can do something both racist and nice at the same time if you had a time machine. What would it be?

To go back and prevent the US slave trade. If you did that none of the African Americans would exist. But it would be a compassionate act but also racist.
djjd62

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 08:17 pm
couldn't we just kick Hitler's dad really hard in the nuts instead?
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 08:20 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

couldn't we just kick Hitler's dad really hard in the nuts instead?

Or bribe the admissions director at that art college that denied Hitler's college application.
0 Replies

seac

Reply Fri 10 Mar, 2017 11:57 pm
@tsarstepan,
Kill a baby? Nah,,, maybe abduct him and leave him in the care of natives in Africa.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 03:30 am
I'd prefer to install the baby Hitler into a loving Jewish foster family.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 03:48 am
@tsarstepan,
Hitler screwed up big time, Operation Barbarossa was poorly thought out, and he tied his general's hands by refusing to let them retreat. That's why towards the end of the war the only people interested in killing Hitler were other Germans.

There is a sci fi story where someone kills baby Hitler and the Nazis end up winning the war. Edgar's got the right idea, but Kerouac wouldn't be my first choice, I'd like to see William Blake.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 05:00 am
@tsarstepan,
Absolutely not...tempering with the spacetime continuum is off limits! Razz
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 05:23 am
I don't agree that Germany would automatically have had a reactionary, militarist government. I do agree that Hitler was the best friend the Allies had in Europe. He was the biggest idiot to ever have controlled a major power.
hightor

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 08:01 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
He was the biggest idiot to ever have controlled a major power.

"Was" is correct.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 08:18 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:
Or use time travel to your own personal advantage? Or something else?

Attend Woodstock. Then every single Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin concert on the planet in the first half of the 1970s. Then every single Pink Floyd concert in the mid to late 1970s. Maybe intersperse in some more Woodstock attendances (the crowd should be large enough for me to squeeze in a few hundred times without crossing paths with myself).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:34 am
There could be no guaranteed outcome to changing any aspect of the past. Even my "drink wine with Jack Kerouac" might alter something, negatively.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Obviously. .
People love the idea they control but they barely can phantom the consequences of their actions.
If it wasn't Hitler it would another moron like him or Trump.
centrox

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 09:49 am
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

There could be no guaranteed outcome to changing any aspect of the past. Even my "drink wine with Jack Kerouac" might alter something, negatively.

If time travel existed, then all the things considered "bad" in the past would already have been undone, and never happened, and we wouldn't know about them, surely?
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 10:07 am
@centrox,
It might create a circle of events. I kill baby Hitler. Another guy takes over and wins the war. The guy that invented the time machine's father gets killed during the new scenario's fighting. The time machine does not get invented. Then Hitler lives. Then Hitler dies, endlessly.
0 Replies

centrox

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 10:30 am
Quote:
It might create a circle of events.

Or possibly a spiral or a Mobius strip? Given that (as far as we know) there is no time travel, one could go on forever speculating like that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 11:28 am
Time travel worked out pretty well for Alley Oop.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 02:22 pm
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 11 Mar, 2017 06:14 pm
@Krumple,
Quote:
Someone else might have taken his place
Precisely. Or he might even have turned out as a saint

Unless of course you're a determinist; but then there'll still be diffs

1. Forums
  2. » Would you kill Baby Hitler? Or ....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 12:19:13