Will The Professor Direct the Beancounters to Ignore Debt Limit?

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 02:14 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
the other choice us to ignore the debt limit law and dare the courts to do something about it.

Care to show where in the Constitution it states the Congress can limit the debt? Congress would have to prove they have the power to pass such a law. I doubt they want to go down that path.

we call it a debt limit I know, but the borrower is only 1/2 of the equation, the lender might have a different number for what the debt is.

I dont see why Obama would go that route when he seems to have a a unquestionably legal way to pay the bills and tell congress " **** your blackmail attempt and gridlock, you are not needed here". why have a constitutional crisis if you dont have too?
maxdancona

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 02:22 pm
@hawkeye10,
Congress isn't the lender. Congress is the borrower. The revenue is set by Congress. The debt limit is set by Congress. The debt is the responsibility of Congress. The lender (people who invest in US bonds) is still willing to lend at very low interest rates. They have nothing to do with this crisis.

This is completely the problem of Congress. No one else is causing the problem.

Obama isn't saying that Congress isn't needed here. In fact he is saying the exact opposite. He is saying "**** your blackmail attempt and DO YOUR ******* JOB!". The President has said repeatedly that Congress created this problem and that Congress needs to fix this problem.

I don't believe that the president should do Congress' job for them. And, I don't think he will.

parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 02:30 pm
@hawkeye10,
Wait... so the President has a legal way and yet you accused him of being a "king" if he takes that way?

Maybe you need to stop your asinine accusations hawkeye. Could you attempt to poison the well even further?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 02:32 pm
@maxdancona,
why would Obama want a financial crisis? this is not the usual nonesense where politicians dont solve problems on purpose so that they can blame the other party, if washington screws the economy they will all get blamed. even right now only 10% blame congress more than they blame Obama, and that number will shrink. if Obama cares about american AND if he cares about the current two party system he will make sure the bills get paid if he can, and I think he can.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 02:33 pm
@parados,
It does seem like Hawkeye is arguing both sides.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 02:38 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

It does seem like Hawkeye is arguing both sides.

not at all, the Putin student should be expected to say **** it and just pay the bills. in this case it would be good for america. unless he is a vandictive son of a bitch who cares more about himself than the nation he will pay the bills. his past king like behaviour shows that this should be no moral problem for him.

you need to remember that I have no more love for R's than I have for D's....I think the whole lot of them are power hungry abusers of the american people, and are mostly incompetent to boot.
parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 02:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
So he's acting like a king if he does what he can legally do? That seems like nonsense on your part hawk.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 03:03 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

So he's acting like a king if he does what he can legally do? That seems like nonsense on your part hawk.

the coin idea is a legal trick, the coin law was never intended for that purpose. as for daring the courts to stop him from ignoring the law I never said that Obama would be legally correct, I said that even if he was acting illegally the courts might not stop him, or might be slow to do so.

dealling with your remedial compression skills has become tedious. please dig down and attempt to follow simple english.
parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 03:18 pm
@hawkeye10,
I can ONLY read what you write hawk

Quote:
AND if he cares about the current two party system he will make sure the bills get paid if he can, and I think he can.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 03:41 pm
@parados,
hopefully you are tracking now that I have said the same thing twice in two different ways. if not the problem is with you.
parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 03:53 pm
@hawkeye10,
If a President can do something legally and does it how does it make him a king?
parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 03:57 pm
@parados,
But let's go back to the beginning. Your argument about raising the debt limit has NOTHING to do with the current legislation which is a continuing resolution. The government will NOT shut down over the debt limit tomorrow. It won't shut down over the debt limit Oct 2-15.

The debt limit won't be reached until Oct 17.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:22 pm
@parados,
you are brilliant, and we are all waiting to see what Obama does on Oct 17 if that is a real date, though hopefully we have all learned by now to never assume that the government us telling us the truth. if you have shut-down on the brain ( in truth a 40% shut down but then the truth is a novel concept) that would be your own fault.

I am assuming that Congress will offer nothing by that date. what does Obama do, and why?
Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:27 pm
@hawkeye10,
"dealling with your remedial compression skills has become tedious. please dig down and attempt to follow simple english."

(I'll try and make simple english out of this...)

dealing with your remedial comprehension skills has become tedious. please dig down and attempt to follow simple english.

does anyone else find these lectures of his hilariously ironic...?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:38 pm
@Rockhead,
second graders know that spelling and comprehension
are two seperate things that have almost nothing to do with each other. you remind me of the jack-offs who would interrupt a lecture from a phd to point out a spelling error on the screen even though all 300 people in the room knew exactly what the prof was saying.

I am sure it is way too much to expect you to add to this discussion. did you even graduate high school? given how getting called trailer trash gets stuck up in your craw I am guessing no.
Rockhead

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 04:45 pm
@hawkeye10,
you have a phd?

(I'm calling bullshit)

smart people don't have to go around explaining to everyone else that they are smart...

I know you don't have a phd.

you can't get those at community college.

(but on the plus side, they didn't care or notice that you spell like a 4th grader)
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 05:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
you are brilliant, and we are all waiting to see what Obama does on Oct 17 if that is a real date

Except for you who predicted a shutdown over this from Oct 1 to Oct 27.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 05:05 pm
@Rockhead,
I enjoy these ESL threads.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 05:19 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:
you are brilliant, and we are all waiting to see what Obama does on Oct 17 if that is a real date

Except for you who predicted a shutdown over this from Oct 1 to Oct 27.

I think that was said in the shut down thread but yes, I predict that the shut down will snowball with the debt limit and all get resolved around the 27th. now if you are done talking about me do you have anything else to say on the subject or are you done?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 30 Sep, 2013 05:20 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I enjoy these ESL threads.
I am so happy that you a canadian think that you can afford to be glib. given the linkage between our economies you might want to rethink that though.
0 Replies