Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 06:20 am
Is it correct that you can't delete a post?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 4,499 • Replies: 33

BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 06:52 am
@tinabing,
You have a short time period to either edit or delete a post afterward you can do neither.
tinabing

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:01 am
@BillRM,
that is not good Sad
Is it totally impossible? Is there another solution?
BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:10 am
@tinabing,
Quote:
that is not good Sad
Is it totally impossible? Is there another solution?

Yes, you can leave a message to able2know management by using the link at the bottom of any of the pages label "contact us" and asking them to delete your message for you.
tinabing

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:13 am
@BillRM,
I have tried, but have no answer received. Do the people behind this page exist?
BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:16 am
@tinabing,
They are for real but it might take them some time to get back to you.
tinabing

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 07:22 am
@BillRM,
thank you.
How long? :-)
0 Replies

Pearlylustre

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 08:04 am
@tinabing,
There is also the option to just forget about it. Most threads have a short lifespan and if you wrote something embarrassing and/or stupid everyone else had probably already forgotten about it....except that by drawing attention to it in this thread you're actually tempting people to go back and look at your post to see what terrible thing you said! (Don't worry I didn't look)
tinabing

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 08:06 am
@Pearlylustre,
it's more so people can't google it.
BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 08:35 am
@tinabing,
As far as how long I have no idea however you might feel better to know that for some reason google does not do a good job at indexing the postings on this site.

Try googling your post using keys words to see if it will come up.
0 Replies

timur

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 09:34 am
BillRM wrote:
for some reason google does not do a good job at indexing the postings on this site.

Not true, Bill.

Robert knows how to to do search engine optimization for his own site.

I found already the post in question on Google.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 10:13 am
@tinabing,
Quote:
Do the people behind this page exist?
Naomi I have also wondered about that, if for no other reason, at almost any other such site I for one would long ago have been banned for life

Incidentally agree w Pearly at #….223. Any posting quickly fades into nothingness

..though its uptake by Google might somewhat prolong its decline. How long do you suppose Google retains such a posting
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 10:24 am
@tinabing,
naomi2001 wrote:

I have tried, but have no answer received. Do the people behind this page exist?

They do really exist. I have met some of them in real life.

They aren't sitting by there computer twiddling their collective thumbs waiting for your question. So you're going to have to wait until they find the time to respond.

You could've searched the site already and see the dozens of same threads regarding the deletion of posts.

Code:Search Results

Can you delete threads or request they be deleted here able2know.org/topic/168148-1 Feb 20, 2011 - 20 posts - ‎10 authors
Question Tagged: Forum Help a2k able2know jgoldman10 Web Etiquette, Replies: 177.
How do I delete people it says I've Recently texted - Able2Know ... Oct 14, 2012
How do I delete programs that don't show up in the uninstall ... Sep 27, 2012
If I make an errant thread can they delete it? - Able2Know Ask an ... Aug 7, 2011
Please delete this thread - Able2Know Ask an Expert Mar 10, 2005

https://www.google.com/search?q=able2know.org+how+to+delete+threads&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Code:
Can you delete post and profile?
Sep 3, 2012
how do you delete a post?
Dec 4, 2009
[answered]How do you delete posts?
Dec 1, 2004

https://www.google.com/search?q=able2know.org+how+to+delete+threads&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=able2know.org+how+to+delete+posts&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aofficial

You're likely not going to get the answer you want.

Of course you can follow the sage advice of this American philosopher:
tsarstepan wrote:

Hire a Russian hacker to break into the server ... uhoh! http://i48.tinypic.com/15coord.jpg I may have said too much. Pretend I didn't write this post, okay?!

http://able2know.org/topic/138887-1#post-3835317
tinabing

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 12:35 pm
but how long does it normally take for them to answer my question?
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 12:45 pm
Sometimes minutes, sometimes hours. Most (if not all) of the moderators and admins are volunteers and they have outside jobs/lives to boot.

The short and unofficial answer to your question is that a2k DOESN'T delete posts unless there are extenuating circumstances that most likely don't apply to your case (even though you haven't bothered actually stating your case for which posts need deletion and why).
tinabing

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 12:54 pm
@tsarstepan,
Thank you very much. did not know that it is voluntary "work" they do. Do they answer on e-mail?
Rockhead

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 12:58 pm
@tinabing,
here are the basic rules for post deleting as I understand them.

unless the post is going to cause a death, or ruin someone's life forever, or risk national security (this one may be moot now that the NSA reads everything anyway first) it is probably not going to make the cut.

and the more you post about deleting it, the more likely other folks are to find it.

good luck.

(I am not affiliated with a2k in any fashion)
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 01:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
ost likely don't apply to your case (even though you haven't bothered actually stating your case for which posts need deletion and why).

For her to do that in a public posts would kind of defeat her attempts to get the post or posts wiped off the system.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 01:03 pm
@BillRM,
Funny the way life works isn't it? Laughing Wink
0 Replies

tinabing

Reply Wed 25 Sep, 2013 01:04 pm
@tsarstepan,
If you have meet them - and maybe i contact with them - can you please help me to ask them to answer my question?
I really need help. Please.