The People VS Walmart

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 05:56 am
INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Voters in this Los Angeles suburb rejected a ballot measure Tuesday that would have allowed Wal-Mart to build a warehouse-sized store while skirting zoning, traffic and environmental reviews.
With all 29 precincts reporting and absentee ballots counted, Inglewood voters opposed the initiative, with 60.6 percent voting 'no' and 39.3 percent voting 'yes,' said Gabby Contreras of the city clerk's office.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 642 • Replies: 7
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 06:17 am
I wish we hhad a referendum option like that in Pa. To get a referendum on the ballot in Pa, the measure must be "filtered" through the legislature, which is one of the best legislatures money can buy.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:14 am
wowsa, good going cali!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:24 am
They are breaking ground for a super Wal-Mart about a mile from where I live. It will employ 450 people. I am looking forward to it!
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 08:27 am
people here have done pretty well in not letting Walmart build just where ever they want.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 11:03 am
We have 4 Walmart supercenters within 35 miles of my parents house. It's completely out of hand.

I do enjoy the one near work though.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 03:26 pm
husker wrote:
people here have done pretty well in not letting Walmart build just where ever they want.

Yes, you have! And you are an inspiration to those of us within spitting distance of Bentonville, Arkansas. Confused
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 8 Apr, 2004 01:29 pm
INGLEWOOD, Calif. - Voters in this Los Angeles suburb rejected a ballot measure Tuesday that would have provided jobs to many of the poor people these people give lip-service to caring about.

Well done, Cali, indeed! Cool
0 Replies