problems falling asleep

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 09:32 am
Hello all. I'm new here.

I don't know if any of teh guyz here hav this prob. but I'll share with you. Since I was little I used to have trouble falling asleep. That is until I entered the puberty fase. After that, I decided to lets just say it... masturbate in bed at night at bed time. This helped me a lot. I fell right asleep.

This has been my strategy until now. Sometimes I just feel that it's too late to do it and try to fall asleep on my own but can't do it. I've tried several times just to go to sleep with no jacking off beforehand and it's quite difficult. I can't get myself to fall asleep. Sometimes I even stayed awake the whole night, until 5-6am and then just had to do it just to get a couple of hours of sleep. I feel like this could be some kind of addictive behavior as my body needs me to jack off before falling asleep.

Is this normal? What do you guys think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 1,539 • Replies: 7

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 09:54 am
@ConfusedAmateur,
Go to your school and see if they have counseling. Clearly you have emotional/other issues going on in your mind/back of your mind that you aren't aware of explicitly. It's not likely your preferred nightly routine that's your problem. Your masturbating at night to help you sleep is only a placebo. By itself? It isn't a problem.

Most likely you are under a great deal of stress and subconsciously you aren't addressing it so it's nagging at you in the back of your mind causing you to lose a lot of sleep. Masturbating throws endorphins, etc... into your system which cover up not dealing with the initial stress.

AKA go to your family doctor and talk it with him/her. Or go to your school and see a counselor and talk in confidence with him/her.
ConfusedAmateur

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 10:13 am
@tsarstepan,
how can you get to such a conclusion?? I have no issues what so ever. I have a good life, have a job, do sports. But when I go to bed I need to do it to fall asleep. Sometimes I am very tired from a hard work day so I fall right into sleep. Lets say, statistically 90 out of 100days, I feel the urge to do it.

BTW I'm not at school. I started this routine at about 15 years of age and now 13years later I still have it.

I feel like it's an addiction thing.
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 10:27 am
@ConfusedAmateur,
These details would have been nice to have been included in your original post. When anyone leaves a particularly vague original post? Then we have no other option then to jump to conclusion.

I don't believe this thing you describe is an actual addiction. The only way masturbation manifests itself as an addiction is when you constantly need to do it no matter when or where you are: at work, at church, at a MLB baseball game, etc....

Quote:
C. THIS SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE. All the content of the service, including all postings, is for informational purposes only. The service is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. You should never disregard professional medical advice because of something you've received from or read in the able2know service.

Awayways, go see a therapist and address this question with him/her.
Lordyaswas

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 10:37 am
@ConfusedAmateur,
Buy some boxing gloves.

That'll stop you, and save on laundry.
0 Replies

ConfusedAmateur

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 11:59 am
@tsarstepan,
ok, my bad then...

thank you for your answers... I thought more people could relate to this... guess not... When I had a girlfriend or steady f*ck-buddies I didn't have such a problem... I'm I just too horny?
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:13 pm
@ConfusedAmateur,
You just might have an excessive amount of testosterone in your system. Not sure how one goes about dealing with that other then actually seeing a doctor.

Like anything in our human body, balance is key. Too much of one hormone creates an imbalance in our system. Our bodies tend to overcompensate with its automated attempt at creating a systematic balance. So it's important to see an actual doctor and find out what exactly is going on.
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 12:32 pm
@ConfusedAmateur,
If annoying thoughts keeping you awake, Ama, try counting. Some count sheep but the simplest I've heard is provided by Patrick Jane: Try counting breaths; in one out two, in one out two, …..etc. More elaborate system counts higher, stopping at some arbitrary number then switching to alternate series, eg, a,b,c,d….etc; alpha, beta, gamma, delta….; January, February, etc
0 Replies