Microchip pet now or wait until spaying is done?

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 06:31 pm
@firefly,
Yeah. I have weak hands now so I'm crabby about opening jars and so on. Anyway, with the S things, I remember now that I use two pliers, one to hold the thing in one hand and the other to twist..
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 06:41 pm
@boomerang,
Wow, it's great to hear that Kona is thriving like that, boomer.
boomerang

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 08:02 pm
@firefly,
I agree -- she is thriving!

She's really shaping up to be a good dog (I give Diamond all the credit). She has stopped her weird shy-aggressive stuff which was pretty worrisome. She's still a little hand shy and a bit timid but the vet says that's common for German Shepard (and their mixes) so we're dealing with that. At least the aggression is gone. She's more friendly-submissive now and is getting along with all of her dog park peers (she hated other puppies at first).

I love dogs but I'm not crazy about puppies. I wasn't really looking forward to having one but she's cool.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 07:42 am
@boomerang,
We had our dog microchipped but when he has neutered so I can't tell you how painful it would be for him. But having a doggie and under your circumstances, I would have it done prior to you going. As good as the pup may be - something could distract her - a bunny and then she could be off like a shot. Also even though you have a tag on her - some people might just steal her. That worries me more - the good thing on that if they then bring her to a vet, it is likely the vet will discover the chip and see that the dog does not belong to them. And there is also the potential for the tag to get dislodged.

I'd be safe and go with the chip now - you can always ask the vet too how painful it would be.
Linkat

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2013 07:46 am
@Linkat,
late to the party as usual - glad everything went well. Funny your doggie has a very similar name to mine - koda

and it doesn't always matter what type of breed mutt or pure bred for stealing. My mom years and years ago had to yell at some one that tried to take off with our cat. It wasn't a cute little kitten and just some ordinary domestic cat, but they had picked it up and was ready to take off with her.
0 Replies