Will she forgive me?

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 12:32 am
My girlfriend accused me of cheating after she went through a conversation between me and a female friend on facebook. she called me, asked me who she was, i told her but she didnt believe me. she stormed out never to be seen again then sent me a text and asked me to give her space on her own at the moment, i told the girl on about it and she agreed to talk to her and explained everything but my girlfriend still dont trust me coz of the conversation. i am getting tired of asking for her forgiveness and she still plays hard. i have never cheatf on her coz i love her. am confused, what should i do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 729 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Philis

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 01:49 am
@Arnoldisiji,
If Your GF truly loves U, she will come back. She might be mad for a time. And if U truly Love her U will not text other girls again.
"If U love something, set it free, if it comes back to you it's yours - if it doesn't - it never was."
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 06:22 am
@Arnoldisiji,
The basis of any good relationship is trust. If you had a friendly conversation with a girl on FB and she got as mad as you say, then she obviously does not trust you for some reason. Of course, you don't say what the two of you chatted about on FB, and the content of that conversation could be what has the girlfriend mad. If the two of you were flirting a bit in your conversation, then she has every right to be a bit upset with you.

Bottom line, if the conversation was totally innocent, then she has a problem with trusting you and you have two choices. You can just let her go or the two of you could sit down and talk about why the conversation upset her.

If it was not innocent, then you have a problem and hopefully she will walk away from you.

0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 09:58 am
Depends on WHAT KIND of conversation you had with your FB friend.

Your GF is jealous. Did you give her reason to feel that way?

If this is just a regular conversation, then your GF has a problem with control and you are better off without her trying to prevent you from even talking with another girl.

Again - it depends on what kind of conversation you had!!
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Thu 12 Sep, 2013 06:11 pm
@Arnoldisiji,
You do understand that by asking for her forgiveness, that you are telling her that you have done something in need of forgiveness (in her mind that will be cheating).

Why then (from her perspective) should she forgive you?

And shouldn't you be angry that she has accused you of something you didn't do? And not just a minor misdeed, but a rather major one....and on the other side...In her mind, it's likely that your lack of anger is because you are feeling guilty.

So again, (from her perspective) why should she forgive you?

Basically, you're being too nice by not standing up for yourself...funnily enough, the actual cheaters have no issue lying while 'standing up for themselves / being angry at being accused' and often get believed.

You don't have to be nasty...even while some emotionally honest responses would go a long way to settling the problem (whether you stay together is a different matter...but it will never be a happy relationship if you can't stand up for your own good character)
0 Replies