Odd boyfriend.........

SqUeAkz

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 01:32 pm
I have a boyfriend Ive liked him for over a year, and same with him. He goes to a different school though doesnt have a screen name and doesnt like talking on the phone, should I break up with him?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,975 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 01:47 pm
Break up? From what you describe, you two aren't terribly close. How often do you see each other?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 02:02 pm
What is the point of continuing a relationship with someone who doesn't have a screen name?

Surely you can find someone who isn't so shallow.
0 Replies

SqUeAkz

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 06:23 pm
We see eachother every weekend- and No im not just thinking of breaking up with him just because he doesnt have a screen name, its the communication. If he doesnt like talking on the phone how am i supposed to talk to him?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 06:27 pm
Would mental telepathy be a viable option?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 06:37 pm
How about little love notes left at a convenient drop, like under a rock in the park, or maybe carrier pigeons.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 06:51 pm
A message in a bottle?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 06:52 pm
Skywriting?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 06:53 pm
Smoke signals?
0 Replies

SqUeAkz

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 06:53 pm
O yes, that will help alot, and communicating with the brain isnt really an opition, since people who do that use more then 50% of there brain, and maybe i should just start calling him more? but i dont want to seem pushy.
0 Replies

Turner 727

Reply Tue 6 Apr, 2004 10:17 pm
Now jes sit down and listen to ol' Uncle Turner, and all will be fine.

What you need to do is sit down with him, and tell him that you're unhappy with the way that the relationship is going. Tell him you want to talk with him more, and by talk you don't necessarily mean on the phone.

Well, he doesn't have a screen name. So computers are out. Doesn't like talking on the phone, so that's out. I'd go with written communication, myself. Write letters back and forth. Sometimes, that's more romantic anyways.

Back when I was a young'an, I had a relationship (we weren't b/f & g/f, but we were close) with a girl and we couldn't talk on the phone, or IM with each other. What we did was write each other long letters, and our relationship was pretty good during that time. We were able to communicate that way, and by writing back and forth we had something tangible from that other person that made being apart a little bit better. Sure, we weren't in a "serious" relationship, but had things been different, it might have gone a different way.

So when you talk to him, ask him how hard it would be to get an email account set up. Surely he has access to MSN or Yahoo through his school, and he can send you email that way. Sending emails back and forth isn't the same as sending letters via postal mail, but based on what you said, it wouldn't be like you both at the computer at the same time.

On the other hand, if he can't fulfill you needs, find someone who can. Obviously you're wanting more from the relationship, and if he's not sensitive to that. . . well, find someone who is. But keep in mind, relationships are work, and it's not all fluffiness and fun all the time. Relationships need to be maintained, and sometimes a little hardship must be dealt with. Although I can see where you'd have already dealt with some of that.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 06:16 am
Perhaps the guy simply isn't verbal. You'd have to decide how important easy communication in a relationship is for you.

Does he talk face-to-face?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 07:06 am
Not to make light of Noddy's or Turner's suggestions, but I think the way Acquiunk, Eva, and myself came through with some brilliant ideas truly represents what this site is all about -- tackling tough questions and coming up with intelligent, thoughtful solutions.

The three of us really should be paid for this service.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 09:03 am
Gus--

You are a pearl beyond price. I'm looking for a herd of swine to give you a proper setting.
0 Replies

Anonomous

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 05:30 pm
I kinda feel sorry for the people that Gus enlightens with his infinite wisdom without knowing him a little first.
0 Replies

SqUeAkz

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 05:37 pm
Yea he does talk face to face but not alot- he isnt verbal but when he does talk i like what he says.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 05:46 pm
How is he about listening?
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 06:01 pm
Sweetheart-
Find a talking boyfriend with a screen name.
You are worth it!!!

<I don't guess you'd tell us those few things he does say that you find so appealing...?>
0 Replies

SqUeAkz

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 06:19 pm
Sorry I know this isnt an intelligent question.....
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 7 Apr, 2004 06:49 pm
Does he make you happy?
What's the happy/miserable ratio?
0 Replies