Can anyone help me find my birth father?

NessP

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 05:06 am
I am looking for Sydney Reginal Norman, also known as George, he would be 63 or 64 years old. He was a Bread Vendor, born in Hastings Victoria, but lived in Ashfield (NSW) and then Milperra (NSW) with my mother Sonia and my three older siblings. Can anyone help me?
Vanessa
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 1,530 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:29 am
@NessP,
Hi Vanessa,

The best person to talk to in cases like this is usually your mother. If she isn't alive, or she won't talk (and you are at the barest minimum entitled to know his genetic disease profile), talk to her siblings if there are any, and your grandparents if any of them are still alive.

You can also look a bit on Facebook or the like as it's possible that he joined (and be aware that for him to suddenly hear from you would be a major shock). Also try Google, as there could be some information, e. g. the purchase and sale of real estate, but also criminal records and death notices, are matters of public record.

Best of luck to you.

PS If you have some money to spend, hire a skip tracer; they should be in the phone book. Their job is to find people in order to serve subpoenas and arrest warrants so they know where to look but they are not cheap.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 06:44 am
@NessP,
A great resource for this stuff is the ancestry websites.... .co.uk for UK research, or .com/au for Australia.
My sisters (one in Oz, one in Tas) are both researching family trees on behalf of friends as a hobby, and both are amazed at the sheer volume of records that Australia has now digitalised.
The site usually has a free trial period where you can punch in details and get basic answers, and the great thing about it is that it will also show names of other searchers for that name, who have left their details, often resulting in distant cousins etc being found, who may also be able to pass on a few more pieces of the jigsaw to you.

Good luck
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2013 10:44 am
@NessP,
Ness have you considered Googling
0 Replies