Amherst In July

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 10 Apr, 2004 09:48 am
OK now I have the facts about this. The other night or day I was confused as I could not what I wanted on-linem heh. Now I have the real thing the Dallas Friends Meeting Newslettert.

The 2004 Friends General Congerence (Quaker) furns for July 3 through July 10. It will be held on the campus of U. Mass., in Amherst. I think I will stay in the dorm - meals are free if stay there.

There are many wonderful workshops and guest speakers. So I am really looking forward to this. On workshop that is for sure for me is: Crones: Creative Aging where it is stated that we will be learning to dream and plan for the future.

Then the are so many other good ones, ecological topics, eo\conomical, women's subjects. Sheesh this is going to be so much fun for me.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 07:29 pm
Sounds like a great deal of fun. I did a weekend at a college campus before, it turned out to be a great load of memories and lots of laughs so...enjoy!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 11 Apr, 2004 11:24 pm
Thinking I am about to have a lot of fun. And really I cannot wait to meet all of the Boston Crew. Seems like I have known y'all forever.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 11:46 am
So are you guys ready for me. Registration completed, money sent. Here are the dates I will be in Amherst: 2004 Gathering of Friends
July 3-10, Amherst, Massachusetts.

Because of all the neat historical stuff I can be anywhere the week before July 3, and the week after July 10.

This trip will be combined with junkqueing and communing with Quaker Friends and A2k friends. I want to be able to meet you all if possible.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 09:17 pm
Weeeeee! Shall we start a new thread, or keep this one?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Tue 8 Jun, 2004 04:24 am
I say new thread.

JD, you're more than welcome to park with us for a night or three... Unfortunately, we cannot host a full-blown gathering. I'm starting a new job and will be busting my hump to get to speed before anyone notices. The yard where we had a fine gathering is torn up, the house is a shambles (whine whine).

But we do have a goodly amount of junque emporia nearbye.
0 Replies